Was I right to cut him out of my life? I have been having an online relationship with this guy for a little over a year now ( pathetic I know)?

There is really no other words to call our relationship than (an online thing). Anyways, I have been trying to gently sever ties with him because he does have pictures of me etc...(also stupid, I know). In the beginning he was a source of escaping from the life around me but, then he became really consuming... because of his dominant nature and personality I felt like I was doing things to please him, and I wasn't having as much fun anymore because I was losing myself with each action. Before I could put a stop to it he was a permanent fixture in my life. The logical me was screaming inside, because I know technically having relationship with your phone is unhealthy. The reason why I decided to cut him off for hopefully the last time is because he's no longer that escaped for me, we fight, we argue, he irritates me & overall I KNOW I could do better, but I guess the small little voice in my head tells me "you will never find a guy that is equally attracted you as him & as interesting."

03

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say you were right to do that! That kind of relationship sounds unhealthy and you recognized that, especially with that guy. That voice in your head is wrong too, even though its cliché, there's always more fish in the sea, you'll find someone else!

• Yes you were right. With these distance relationships you have to either close the distance and meet or just forget it.

• What does you could do better mean? You think you're better than another person?

• it's not that I think I'm better than him, it just means I shouldn't settle for having a "relationship " with my phone. I should value myself enough to have a connection with someone in person. I'm not pretentious but I also don't believe I should settle for less.

What Girls Said 0