How long does it take you to move on from a break up?

419

Most Helpful Guy

• Half the time of the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• it took me 2 years to forget completely

What Guys Said 18

• I think this applies...
    While buying life insurance the salesman told me that when a spouse passes the man, on average, will move into a new relationship within a year whereas a woman will wait two years. He said it has to do with women being more emotional than men as a whole.

• It really depends, as the other guy said; how long we were together and how close we were play the biggest role. If it was a week or two, yeah, about 10 seconds. 2 years? Not so much. Also the cause of it and who instigated it play into it as well; I'm able to heal faster if I'm the one who breaks up as opposed to being broken up with.

• It depends on how deep your bond was. But for me it's usually at least 6 months

• I would say 6 months if you were really into the person. Otherwise no time at all (think a few days at most)

• There isn't really a designated time, it just depends on how much or how little I got emotionally invested at the time so far it's been as little as a day to as much as a year

• A few weeks 😊

• Not very long usually.

• A good night sleep.

• 12 seconds

• i dont know how long but when the next girl appears

• I typically accept things and process it before I break up with her

• Depends on what led to the breakup and how close we were.

• How long is a piece of string?

• a year

• It all depends on the time invested and what the heart tells you

• you don't

• depends on the length of the relationship?

• depends how much you loved him/her

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on how much do you like him though. Minimum time takes 2 months, but this happened when i really do avoid the person and had a rebound.

• It took me 2-3 years but that's because I use to get attached easily but now I don't get attached anymore

• Usually takes me 3 months. But I depends on the person