How long did it take you to get over your ex?

How long did you date for?

Who dumped who?

What helped you move on?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• first guy:

-3 months

-at first I dumped him then we got back together and he dumped me

-i moved on because I thought about how much of a perv he was and I moved to a new school so I never had to see him again. he was a bad choice too mainly because he was always trying to put me down and constantly lying to me. he was my first boyfriend and because he knew that he treated me like I was stupid and oblivious to a relationship.

second guy:

-3 days

-he dumped me

-i moved on because he reassured me that I would fimd someone else and even if I didn't find him now he would come along soon. even though he was really imature, I thought about him a lot after that because I had a new feeling for him like 2 months later but it didn't work out because he got another gf

third guy:

-3 days

-he dumped me

-i moved on because he really wasn't worth it. he had bad grades, constantly got into trouble, and never really talked to me. when we broke up he didn't want to be friends and we still aren't friends today. everyday I think about him and wonder if he wants to be friends again because I would love that. he's one of those guys who you can tell anything and he'll listen to you. that's what I liked about him

What Girls Said 6

• Almost 13 months

He dumped me ( I was thinking about dumping him)

I haven't moved on..messy breakup. We still contacted each other after the break up. We still do. It's hard on me. I still love him, he questions our love. I miss him, he misses this new girl. I want him, he wants something new. I want to just forget him, lose all contacts, everything. He goes to my school, I see him everyday. It's hard. We try to be friends. I try to listen to him talk about this amazing girl he likes. It helps. Kinda. I don't know when I will truly forgive him. It's been almost 5 months. I am just believing we weren't in love, he doesn't miss me at all, and he was a total asshole. Then I can move on (although I am mad, I will eventually let it go)

• -3 years

-he dumped me.

-giving back the things he gave to me. Shirts, stuffed animals, etc. It's been about 4 months. I still think of him from time to time. But he started dating a girl 2 weeks after we broke up. So I was able to start letting go easier.

• First guy:

1. 5 years

2. I ended it, after I realized we couldn't be together for the rest of our lives.

3. We both agreed not to be friends or speak anymore. Got over it very fast.

Second guy:

1. 8 months

2. He ended it, after I cheated

3. 4 months later, and I'm still not over it. We are friends and talk everyday.

Not speaking to your ex helps you get over it A LOT faster. That way, both of you can get on with your lives. When you keep talking, that leaves the possibility and the hope of reconciliation. If you are ready to break up, then end all communication. That is the best advice I can give.

• 1. 5 months.

2. Well, technically I dumpeed HIM. I told him I wanted to "take a break" and I wasn't very specific about it (like I should have been) so he thought I mean in like a week or so. So two days later he "dumped" me in front of EVERYONE. Ah, whatever, at least we broke up haha.

3. There are other people out there. People who are better for you and who will work out with you. The perfect boy/girl is out there somewhere. You're young. You're hot. You have the whole rest of your life to find someone new. (: hope I helppedd.

• we dated for a year

idumped him haha

i got rid of all of his stuff and shut him out of my life. I deleted him off my phone, through away all of his pics and I had the whole summer to get over him

it sux because he cheated on me with my best friend.

she still tries to talk to me which gives her a lot of nerve

but he was an asshole anyway lol I'm glad I dumped him :)

• -3 years

-I dumped him

-Time is definitely the best medicine.

What Guys Said 5

• i don't know if this counts or not but anyway,

we had been together for 4 years

i dumped her, because she was a total BITCH that plays around (not cheating) when I am not there, I know she loved me thu, she probably still does.

get over her: in a matter of moment, as soon as I knew that, my feelings were gone period.

• almost 3 years

she dumped me

eliminate all things

acknowledge that she played you and she is in another relationship and you must move on too

eliminate all hope in her

It's been almost a year now, I don't want her back but it still hurts to see what a fool I was to remain friends with her a few months to find out recently that someone almost 10 years older was banging her in that time and still is...

• Most recent one?

1.5 years

It was mutual.

A few months of time, and a cute girl in my human sexuality class.

• 3 and a half years and we argued everyday for 3 months after that , very messy break up (and I mean she tried to put a restraining order on me!) 7 months later she's contacted me... wtf lol...

She broke up with me

I still think of her and there's still some feelings there but I'm pretty much over her. Still no idea what she wants but she's pulling the same bullsh*t as before so I'm just going about my own life til she sorts out what she wants or woteve her problem is

• 4 years..

She dumped me

I'm still not over it, been a year...