Why is it so impossible to comprehend?

Why is it that so many people have to ask why their ex-partner or ex-fling or even random crush has not been talking to them and ignoring their existence? I understand. I do. But read other questions and you might be able to find advice on those.

Honestly, and I'm sure I will be getting a lot of angry comments on this - they probably just don't want to talk to you. It's like the movie "he's just not that into you." If a guy (or girl) is not talking to you, it's probably because they don't want to. I know it's hard and you'll keep coming up with excuses for the lack of communication, or perhaps you'll refuse to have someone tell you that they're just not interested - but you'll be better off just accepting it.

The nights you spend waiting at your phone, posting the same question a thousand times, crying, and wondering where he is or who he's with could be spent with someone who actually wants to talk to you believe it or not.

Moving on from an ex, or accepting rejection from someone new is really tough. We all know that.

To make this a little more of a question, let me restate what I'm looking for here:

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO COMPREHEND OR ACCEPT THAT SOMEONE WHO IS NO LONGER IN CONTACT WITH YOU, REGARDLESS OF THE DESPERATE CALLS, TEXTS, MESSAGES, ETC MAYBE JUST DOES NOT WANT TO TALK? MAYBE,GOD FORBID, THEY'RE JUST NOT THAT INTERESTED IN YOU - SO WHY NOT SPEND YOUR TIME ON SOMEONE WHO IS?

Like I said, I'm expecting a lot of angry comments but please know that I'm not on your questions slamming you for everything you say. If you have to feel self-righteous and post anonymous hateful remarks - then enjoy yourselves. Otherwise, have the mutual respect that people are looking for on this site. Just trying to figure this out, and maybe help the people asking these questions.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• i think its more because they want to get their story, relieve some of the tension, and at the same time, hope that maybe their story is an exception. not every relationship is the same

What Guys Said 1

• I know exactly what you are talking about but I think most guys do this because there is always that hope of them saying yes.

What Girls Said 1

• It's hard because the ego is bruised and hurt. You can't believe you are left hanging, alone, without the one you considered a part of yourself, or yourself merged with them. You feel the primordial aloneness, and you are terrified. It's hard because you know that if only he/she would turn to you again, all that pain and terror would be instantly wiped off. Essentially that person becomes an antidote to your enormous pain, and naturally you want to reach and grab that antidote. And you occasionally become desperate in your efforts to diminish your pain, because you feel only that person can cure you of your pain and showcomings, nothing else.