Me and my ex just broke up but I want him back?

my ex broke up with me a few days ago because he's not sure what he wants in life and needs to figure things out. he says he doesn't want a relationship right now and when he figures everything out and decides he wants a relationship maybe we can get back together but in the meantime he wants to be friends. I already promised him a long time ago I would stay friends with him if we broke up but I'm not sure I can. I know that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I know that if I stop talking to him maybe he'll realize what he gave up. were hanging out on Sunday and I plan on telling him that I love him beyond friendship and that being just friends isn't for me. either he has me in his life as his girlfriend or not at all. and I plan on him not wanting a girlfriend since he said he really can't handle one with everything in his life. is that the right decision to make? not to be friends with him if I want him back? and what if he starts talking to me and just trying to be friends what should I do?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, I was in the same situation as you. Do not become friends with him, this is what I want you to do, no contact for a month, if he doesn't contact you contact him and see what happens. Don't be friends with him or you will get dragged on like me.

What Girls Said 1

• If I was you, I wouldn't tell him that I love him. This will just reassure him and give him the upper hand. You said he needs to figure things out. Let him figure things out. Stop contacting him and even cancel seeing him on sunday. He will start wondering whyyou stopped contact and he will contact you. By then he will hopefully realize what he has let go of.

• Im not sure though because he's different things with him are different then with any other guy I've dated he's a lot more mature and would lose a lot of respect if I did that I know him.

• How mature is he really if he hasn't figured out who he is or what he wants? You should stop all contact, as hard as it is. It'll give both of you time to figure out how you feel. Sometimes you just have to let go and the things that are important will become clearer.

• I totally agree with Iviav! Best answer so far