Why do girls don't specify why they decide to break up?

It's been a month since I broke up with my ex-gf. Since then, I've had no contact with her, no texts, calls or visits, I even deleted her from social media. I did this because it was too painful to know anything about her.

We had been together for 18 months, and although the relationship was amazing, a month prior to the breakup, I accidentaly found out she still talked to her ex-boyfriend, althoug she told me it was nothing to worry about since he lives in another country.

After that, she became kind of distant. The weekend before we broke up, she went on a trip and completely ignored me all weekend, wouldn't return calls or texts. Some days later, I went to college to visit her by surprise. Just as I sat next to her, she started crying, saying she didn't know how to say it, but basically she wanted to break up. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she was "uncomfortable" in the relationship, but when I asked her why she felt that way, she just said "I don't know". I asked her if there was someone else and she assured me there wasn't. She told me I deserved someone who showed the same level of commitment that I showed, and that she never gave me illusions of a long term commitment. I asked what I did wrong, and she said "nothing, to me, you're like the feeling of peace you get when you finally find shelter from a storm". Hearing these words while getting dumped left me more confused. I accepted the break up, we thanked each other for everything and hugged one last time.

Ever since that day, I've had a lot of mixed feelings. On the one hand, I want to get her back because I really wanted her to be my last girlfriend; I just want my best friend and the love of my life back, and I'm trying to "fix" whatever crosses my mind that made her want to leave. On the other hand, I feel unappreciated and hurt, since I was always good, loving and caring for her and I shouldn't get back with someone who didn't want the best of me.

Have you been in a similar situation?

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like me and my ex... except she gave me a load of weird reasons instead of just tge "i dont know" that you got. I also wasted half a year trying to talk to her after that and i wish i hadn't and ended it on a positive. now its turned everything bad, trying to be close after doesn't work as you are both single and get hurt when either one talks to someone else new.

• and her quote about the storm reminded me of the quote i sent to my ex (from a poem i think) at the start which is why it seems so familiar to me...

"Do not fall in love with people like me.

I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth.

I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave you will finally understand, why storms are named after people."