Should I be friends with me ex if I want him back?

My ex boyfriend and I were childhood friends who rekindled our friendship a year before dating. We dated for 6 months but due to not going to the same school (we are in high school) and cannot drive yet, we can't see each other as much as we'd like. We ended things neutrally, however I want to be with him. He said he wants to remain good friends and if it's meant to happen it'll happen and this may just be a "break" and end up helping us. ( he said maybe when we can drive things will be different) But he also told me not to wait for him, to be open to new people. I try to distance myself but he gets mad when I do so. Is there any chance we could get back together? He said he would not date again until he could drive to avoid doing this to other people. He even said it still feels like I'm his girlfriend

24

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't. Move on enjoy your youth and learn from it. Be friend if you have platonic intentions... otherwise iy wil just backfire and it wil only be your fault cuz the friendship was based on your expectations.

What Guys Said 3

• If you can talk in a platonic fashion maybe, and not so much about your futures together.

• not sure, I mean... you guys are not together, and there's really no way to force someone into a relationship.
    as he said, move on and meet new people, just don't expect to be with him in the future.
    if it happens, happens, if it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be

• No..

What Girls Said 1

• if you want him back then be friends