Anyone really like where they live?(US only) Also any moving out of state advice.

So I live in Wisconsin and the state is pretty lame. I plan on moving to another state after college. So I was wondering if anyone had any advice on moving out of your state after school and if anyone has any recommendations on where I should go. Skip out on states that have really high living expenses like NY or CA.

Just help on for the kinds of area's to live. I'm more of an indoor person hobby wise. Like video games and stuff. And I'm going to school for Networking IT.
Ok so as it's been on my mind before asking this it looks like I'm looking on the southern east coast. VA, NC, SC, GA, and FL.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• FL is to expensive NC doesn't have any major cities on its coast like I said before VA has a lot of job opportunities with the government, SC and GA are good choices just have to look at cities like Charleston or Savannah

• Yeah right now Georgia is my number one choice. I did the cost of living research and basically the whole state is cheaper except Atlanta.

• That's really good advice. I actually hadn't though of that at all. Thanks.

• No problem just trying help just don't surprised if there a couple of die hard red necks that hate you simply because your from the north at least your not going into high school like I had to when I moved so you won't be made fun of that much or at all

What Girls Said 2

• I live in CT and they have a really really high living expense so I would say stay away from there and Mass;, but I would say either Vermont or Kentucky. In Vermont there are things to do in the winter and it's absolutely beautiful there. In Kentucky, basically you can find anything like in Louisville to do or to eat. (There's a restaurant that makes the best deep dish pizzas)

• Go to FL.

What Guys Said 5

• I would recommend taking a look at Arizona. I love living here and have lived here my entire life. People are generally friendly. We have a lot of stuff to do here. We have pretty much everything that all of the bigger cities have, without feeling big. Aside from the summer months, we have pretty good weather, unless you really like it cold. No natural disasters ever. I dunno, having been to many of the major cities in the US, it seems like Arizonans are just a bit more laid back, and easygoing. This is coming from a westerner though, and I really prefer the west the the east.

• it depends on your major is and other things for example computers or pol sci majors Northern VA Southern Maryland DC area, also it depends on hobbies and activities I live in south western VA and I hike, camp, fish and hunt a lot and this area is perfect for me after I finish grad school and stuff I'm moving back

• Yeah I'm going for Network IT and I'm more of an indoors kind of guy. I'm leaning towards any eastern state pretty much.

• DC area has a lot of government jobs based in computers, downside its pretty expensive and has a high crime rate upside plenty of jobs and things to do,

• I'm in California and have only lived in California. It's not too bad, Nor Cal that is... but So Cal kinda sucks.

• I'd love to live in Cali but is any part of it affordable housing wise? For example my dream house hear is 300-400k. That house in Cali based on what I've seen would probably be a few million.

• I wouldn't know. All I know is the farther away from the beach you are, typically the cheaper it is.

• I live in NJ and its alright but I went to LA for vacation and I loved it mainly for the weather because Jersey weather blows in my opinion. In LA it was awesome! I wanna move there but my whole life is here so I don't know =/

and don't go to NYC its SO much money there just for rent!

• Ya, I am from Boston and its really really expensive here. Pretty much all of southern New England is (CT and RI). Parts of NY are awesome, and cheap. Like Buffalo. But stay away from NYC and Westchester/Orange county. Also expensive.

• The only problem with western new york is that it run downed to the fact that the factories and the development of the st Lawrence sea way no one is shipping through the erie cannal anymore

• Ya and Obama is going to shut down the Private Sector and then that area is really screwed.

• What was the last thing Obama did that was right expect winning the noble peace prize that he didn't deserve