He dumped me and already regrets it? Advice on what to do?

Hey guys, I just need some advice on what to do.

It hasn't even been a week since my boyfriend of three years broke up with me. I was uncomfortable at a party we attended and said I was going home. He followed me outside and had a go at me over how anti-social I was being (I'm an extremely shy person and I didn't know anyone at this party) he brought up some unrelated stuff that had been bothering him for a while and ultimately broke up with me but insisted he "loves me always" which he texted while walking away from me. Yes, he had a few to drink. I haven't tried to contact him at all in order to recover.
Not even five days later he texts me to acknowledge that he didn't give me a platform to stand on, that I have treated him better than he has treated me, that he didn't know where his outburst came from, loves me and will always love me and hopes we can "sort it out and understand each other" blah blah.

Yes I still love him but I'm still in shock over the whole thing. As he was breaking up with me he was saying this had been the best three years of his life and I'm the best thing to have ever happened to him... so why throw that away?
He sent me that text last night and I have yet to respond, since I'm not sure how to. Sure, I'm open to sitting down and trying to work this kerfuffle out. How should I answer him without going down the path of "omg bae I luv u too"? I considered starting my message saying that I appreciate him reaching out to me but draw blanks on what to say afterwards. Perhaps wording is my weak point and I would like suggestions on how to respond without sounding pushy or desperate. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
2
0