He dumped me and already regrets it? Advice on what to do?

Hey guys, I just need some advice on what to do.

It hasn't even been a week since my boyfriend of three years broke up with me. I was uncomfortable at a party we attended and said I was going home. He followed me outside and had a go at me over how anti-social I was being (I'm an extremely shy person and I didn't know anyone at this party) he brought up some unrelated stuff that had been bothering him for a while and ultimately broke up with me but insisted he "loves me always" which he texted while walking away from me. Yes, he had a few to drink. I haven't tried to contact him at all in order to recover.
Not even five days later he texts me to acknowledge that he didn't give me a platform to stand on, that I have treated him better than he has treated me, that he didn't know where his outburst came from, loves me and will always love me and hopes we can "sort it out and understand each other" blah blah.

Yes I still love him but I'm still in shock over the whole thing. As he was breaking up with me he was saying this had been the best three years of his life and I'm the best thing to have ever happened to him... so why throw that away?
He sent me that text last night and I have yet to respond, since I'm not sure how to. Sure, I'm open to sitting down and trying to work this kerfuffle out. How should I answer him without going down the path of "omg bae I luv u too"? I considered starting my message saying that I appreciate him reaching out to me but draw blanks on what to say afterwards. Perhaps wording is my weak point and I would like suggestions on how to respond without sounding pushy or desperate. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Man I've been there. Not sure what to say. I've made my mistakes and regret them later. But that's life and also a changing in my own personal matters. I know this isn't the answer you sought. That path is up to you. But just to let you know. Things do get better over time.

• As for anti social. It takes personal steps to get out of that. I'm personally am better but can understand that it's not easy. I rather do things that's fun for me. Parties not my thing unless it's out doors and I'm one cooking at the grill. I've lost track of how many events where I just cook and chat with random people. Personally that's how I cope with events is keeping busy. There something said about cooking and conversation go hand and hand. Sure I'm left a lot alone too but that's works for me. Point. Im out at an event and comfortable. No alcohol at these events. Plenty of water and sodas

• Not what I was seeking, but appreciated nonetheless. Breaking out of my shell is a completely different story altogether, and something I am constantly working on. Thank you xx

What Guys Said 1

• Revenge Your Ex

Each day hundreds of men and women seek revenge on their ex-mates for a
    variety of reasons, usually because they got dumped or where cheated on.
    Revenge comes in many ways. It typically starts by using social media to
    vent, and then escalates from there. Now sites like "Get Revenge On Your Ex"
    for a fee will help you get pay back or revenge.

So what is the best way to get revenge besides slashing her tires, posting
    nude photos of her and so on.

The best way according to the web site Right Choices 101 is to live your
    life well. This is true no matter who you are seeking revenge on. Coworkers,
    past bosses, bad friends or ex-lovers. Put your energy into succeeding and
    enjoying your life, not wasting your time, energy and resources on revenge
    that can end up costing you much more. Plus, when you seek revenge, you send
    them a massage that you have not gotten over the relationship. It's much
    better to show you are indifferent and don't care.

According to Kenneth Agee of A Foreign Affair, a service that specializes in
    helping men find young beautiful foreign women, "The best revenge is to date
    or marry a women 10 years younger than your ex. This will piss her off to no
    end. No woman ever wants to be replaced with a younger, more attractive
    woman. Just like a man never likes to get replaced by a guy who is wealthier
    or more successful.

I will never forget one of my first clients we took to Saint Petersburg,
    Russia." says Agee, "The client told me that two days on our tour was better
    than two years of therapy. Having hundreds of attractive women fighting over
    you gets your ex out of your mind pretty quick.

I personally went through break up when my ex ran off with another man. But
    a short time later, I met a new lady who was ten times better. I ran into
    that man who stole my ex and I gave him a big thanks. In fact, I could not
    thank him enough. He was stuck with an older nagging women, while I was now
    with a young, beautiful, caring women. Plus, my ex had gained about 100
    pounds. I don't look at that fellow as any kind of enemy but as the person
    who saved me from my ex and years of suffering." This is the best a revenge
    when you win without lowering yourself.

Other sites like "Get Over Her Now" give practical advice and tips for
    getting over a past relationship.

Top Tips from Get Over Her Now:

Start making platonic relationships with as many women as possible, old,
    young, skinny, fat, cute or ugly. This greatly helps you get back in the
    gam

What Girls Said 0