Why would my boyfriend leave me for no apparent reason when he was so attached to me and my family?

Ok, so I am very confused. My relationship was going extremely well with my boyfriend and we were together a few months. We were in deep love (he told Me he loved me first). He got very attached to my family and hung out with my dad a lot and even asked for permission to date to me to him. Then out of the blue within a two week span he got VERY distant and started acting strange and wasn't loveable like he usually is. I thought it had to do with his job because he works in the heat all day which is understandable , then he started doing sketchy things like hiding his relationship status to me on Facebook from his bio and buying a bike and not even telling me about it. Then out of the blue, he tells me that he just wants to be alone and "doesn't want us anymore" I then proceeded to get mad after a few days and tipsy messaged him and told him off because he told me this through message and couldn't talk to me face to face or even call me and all he could say was hurtful and spiteful things that he was going to be with a 33 year old woman that "has her shit together and knows what she wants" and that at least she is someone who he "actually enjoys to fuck" this was all crazy because I'm 22 and he's 23. A lot of people say I'm pretty and I'm going to school to become a doctor and have already three college degrees so this made no sense to me. Everything was going well, just the night before all this he told me he loved me. What went wrong?
4
2