Why do women treat good dads like crap?

My fionce rather spend time with her friends rather than as a family with me and our daughter. . She has a drinking problem and 4 years of dealing with it is making me act even more mean towards her. I love her but now I feel left out or not important to her . I need to confide in her but she won't even address a problem without getting mad at me. I work full time to make sure she has everything she wants and needs as a stay at home mom. I love her but I am tired of being abused that nothing is ever enough or money is not enough. Even when I brought home 6-8000 a month it was always something she will bitch at. I am lost I love her and our daughter and want it to work.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a lot of love in your heart for this woman and a lot to offer. I don't know her as a person, but based on what you wrote she is taking you for granted, doesn't know how good she has it, is unappreciative and denial. It's evident that you are unhappy and aren't getting much in return here. There is something you really need to remember, a relationship is more than love between 2 people. Sometimes love alone isn't enough to keep a relationship afloat.

I cannot tell you what to do but am going to give you some things to consider: She has an addiction problem. This isn't going to correct itself. She needs to identify this issue and want to seek help. If she doesn't acknowledge the problem then she won't be open to help. You should be able to communicate with her, that is how problems are resolved. If you cannot talk to her, put your feelings in a letter and give it to her. Let her read it and take it in. If she still gets angry then ask her to please discuss things calmly. Finally, besides you this situation is impacting your little girl too. I don't know her age but children are very astute and aware of their surroundings and what is going on. She needs stability, good role models, dependable parents and a lot of love. Is her mom's drinking effecting her too? I guarantee it is.

You have a lot to think about. You can do your damnedest to make it work, IF she reciprocates. Or, you continue down the road of misery with nothing in return. You sound like a good man and many women would kill for a guy like you. Look at the big picture and determine what is BEST for you and your child.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• Well you have to set some guidlines and stop giving in because all they are doing are taking. enforce some power and get a back bone...do not provide anymore alcohol to your daughter and tell your wife what you want to do and what you feel like doin? and if she bitches about about hold your ground. also there is something wrong with your daughter that she is like this maybe something happend to her and your overlooking it, or you can't seem to pin point it. Have you ever just told her how much you love her , and how much it hurts you to see her doing this to herself ask her what happend to her ask why she she drinks? What is she trying to drown out. Its nice that your a dad that cares my dad has the drinking problem and I rarly see him. gd luck

• dont act like its all women, its just her. there are women who have bad baby daddies and women who treat their bds wonderfully. no offense but did you not know that she had a drinking problem and was a little messed up before you got with her? kick her out and send her back to her mom's house. get everything documented through the courts and seek legal advice so you can protect yourself

What Guys Said 4

• Ouch man... :x I'm really sorry to hear this, but if I had to take a guess I'd say it's her drinking problem that's killing her. Obviously, she can't see things from other points of view besides her own, and thus she doesn't realize how lucky she is to have you.

I think the only way to make her see this is to stop doing things for her so that she realizes she can't go on being like this and treating you the way she wants. I know you love her, but trust me - this is for her own good. If you keep treating her like everything is alright, she's just gonna stay the same way and nothing will ever change. You'll continue living in your misery for a very long time, and I personally don't think it's gonna help your daughter growing up with her mom being like this.

• "Why do women treat good dads like crap?"

I'd say women as a whole don't, but your fiance does.

It might be time to drop the fiance like a bad habit, and find a decent lady.

Keep your daughter in mind. Is your fiance really someone that you would consider to be good step-mom material and a role model for your daughter?

Because you let them get away with it

• women are naturally leaches. They will take advantage of anything they can to get everything they can from them, very manipulative. If you're a nice guy then your always going to be in trouble.

Many people are going to slound me down for saying this, but go watch some documentaries, or read up on human behaviour. It's only natural for them.