He just stopped communication, is this his way of breaking up?

We've been dating for 5 months. Everything was going great, he was crazy about me and we totally hit it off. Then he goes on a 6 week trip to south america, which was already planned before we met.

During his trip, I gave him space and let him initiate all contact. Which he did almost every day, telling me he missed me, sending me pics etc.
He's messaging me continuously during his return trip home, even asked me to move in together.

So when he's back in town, we're supposed to meet, but he cancels due to a family thing he totally forgot about. I ask him when we can reschedule, but he seems to have plans with everyone except me. I sent him a text asking when would be a good time for him, but all he said was he was working the next week. No suggestion for another day or anything. I didn't reply and haven't heard from him since, it's been a week now. Is this his way of breaking up?

He messaged me today to wish me good luck with this charity thing I'm going to do next week and offered to take me there. He also apologized for pulling away and explained to me why.

It had nothing to do with me, but he had to deal with some things that have to do with his past and said he didn't want to burden me with it. I'm sorta relieved this didn't turn out to be his way of breaking up, but at the same time I'm still angry that he just left me hanging. I haven't replied yet. What to do?

124

Most Helpful Guy

• If he have broken all communication for past one week then, I am sorry to say, he might be planning of a break-up.

But before thinking anything or feeling sad, try to contact him and tell him about your worries. He should at least give you a reason behind all this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes just up and vanished, I guess the trip made him realize he didn't want a relationship. You should texted him and said if he didn't want to date in the first place then why he bother you in the first place. He could at least have the balls to send a text and says he's no longer interested.

• Just tell him good luck in life and leave it at that. He may be telling the truth but at the same time you really dont know that, could be an excuse to just to pop up again. Even if things were going bad he still could of told you.

What Guys Said 3

• If it is, and if no real explanation of what happened is forthcoming, it's a cowardly way of doing it.
    There's a problem somewhere and after 5mths together, asking you to move in with him, you're owed a serious explanation.

• Just hang in there and see. Deal with things from his past is pretty lame in my opinion. You've every right to be angry. But play things cool, don't let it show. If you're happy to do things his way, message him and say yes. The cooler you play this, the more forthcoming he will be. Be angry with him and he'll clam up.

• he needs to step up and come clean either way..

• I am more than aware of that but u can't or shouldn't demand that... everything in its time! I'm just not wanting to head down the wrong thought path!

• Yeah kind of way of break up

What Girls Said 11

• Yup. Tell him you want to speak to him in person and that whatever he is doing is childish. Bring this up to him and make sure he understands you dont tolerate behavior like that.

• am sorry but it sounds like such

• I can't stand when people do this! It's so childish and immature, I'm sorry this happened to you!

• I have a guy that does that to me he disappeared for a month and then back to daily... need to figure out how u feel about being treated that way

• yes, but don't make it easy on him. Ask point-blank

• Sounds like it. I'm sorry

• 5 months is not a long time to know someone. We're you two exclusive?

Possible - you are a rebound. Him back with ex.
    He met someone new.
    He is a jerk either way.
    Count your lost and delet him. Don't allow him to cime bavk and play with your heart.

• Ex in the picture. He should be open. If not. You are plan B.
      Doesn't feel good is right?
      Move on... He either be with u n cut her off or leave u alone. He is selfish.

• yes. when you cut off contact that usually means you aren't into it anymore. dont call him again. if he calls you i would ignore a minimum of two phone calls from him otherwise you're showing that you will tolerate that behaviour

• My ex ghosted me for 2 weeks and then he dumped me days later so my answer is yes

• yes o me i think he found another woman that why he keeps ignoring you so it up to you to confront him and let him tell you his mind ok. but if you still love him and want him back will love you to message me on my email then i let you know what to do to win his heart back because with all this it seem he is seeing someone else ok message me on
    mccartkatty @gmail. com then i let you know what you can do

• He probably met some one else you never know, i think ask him if he wants to break up that you deserve an answer at least, and surely you can go to his place when he is back to ask