I'm currently in my longest relationship and we are struggling. I truly want to fix things because I thought breaking up wasn't an option. Advice?

So I've been with my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years. I met him when I was a freshmen in highschool and he was a senior and we've been together since. About a month after our 1 year anniversary, he cheated on me. But it wasn't for the sex from another girl it was literally as a favor (which is bad I know) but he didn't tell me until about a month ago. He recently told me that he has been forcing himself to be happy to hide behind the guilt of what he did to me. He has also told me that he has "come to the conclusion that he doesn't deserve me". He's also told me that every time he looks at me it's a reminder of what he did to me and then when he thinks of that he starts remembering all the other bad things he's ever done to people who didn't deserve it, resulting in a big spiral of unhappiness. I don't know how to fix this, he has told me over and over again it's not my fault. I'm not ready for him to leave me because 1) he hasn't given me the chance to try and help him and brcause it's a very sudden shock and I've been having a very hard time with it. He tells me he hates himself and it breaks my heart to try and fix things when I feel like he won't even help himself. I love him with all my heart and truly got caught on the future and thought I would spend the rest of my life with him. I still want that but I'm trying to prepare myself for the worse. Please help.
2
0