Why do some exes do terrible things to you when you were together and then return in the future and try to get back together?

Most Helpful Guy

• At the time maybe they " think " that they have reached a stagnant point in the relationship and only can lash out in various asshole ways.

Then after a while they realize they have nothing or no one and try to come crawling back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they think they can treat you like crap and then come back like nothing happened. I've had plenty of exes do this to me.

I think sometimes people don't realize or think about the effect of their actions on another person. So they think they can do hurtful things and just come back and have things go back to the way they were.

What Guys Said 9

• Maybe they realize they want you to be in part of their life, hoping you have forgiven them enough to rekindle a little of that magic.

• could be a couple reasons.
    1. The Lonely Lion is in between relationships and knows he can count on you for whatever.. or
    2. he has tested the waters and learned from his errors and realizes he loves you. BUT i wouldn't count on him being a reformed guy.. he treated you bad then he will probably repeat

• Thank you. I never take anyone back. If it didn't work out then it's not going to now.

• I agree with @ONESOLO except for the reformation. It's very possible for him to stop what he did,(at least gradually), from having remorse/shame and loving her again.

• I've never had this happen to me before so can't say but i doubt my exs will come back, two that come to mind very much as one hates my guts for no reason while the other i shut any chance of her re-entering my life

• but in your case he obviously can't get anyone to put up with he's bullshit so he's tring to give you a crack again

• good job and if he keeps tring well i nice kick to the nether region would be a clear sign

• Testicle Trauma coming right up!

• The realize what they had was better than what they ended up with...

• they ran out of options πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Cuz they miss the booty

• simple they don't get other pussy to satisfy his cock. so it's better to play with old toysm

• lol I don't know too

What Girls Said 1

• Because people miss the good memories together. Personally, if the trust is broken, I could never go back with an ex even if I miss the memories.

• I never give exes 2nd chances. There is a reason we broke up.

• For me, it's usually the guy was not listening and annoying me.

• Yeah, a very reasonable reason to not go back with an ex. πŸ‘