After a breakup is it normal to feel hopeless and depressed?

my boyfriend of almost two years broke up with and I'm feeling so hopeless and Locking myself in my room. I hate feeling like this and I just want to be stronger and move on. But he was my first EVERYTHING and my best friend. I don't know if it's because I loved him that I'm hurting bad or because i was too attached to him. I just feel stupid for mentally damaging myself with all these dumb thoughts. Is it normal to feel this way? We were fine or at least i thought we were then the next day he treated me like if we were strangers. How can I make this process easier for me? I'm feeling like I'm worthless and trash when I'm know really not😔😔

16

Most Helpful Guy

• only time really. you are miserable right now because you mentally grew accustomed to living with a significant other. focus on your hobby or find one you can pour yourself into. hardest part is to accept you are alone and learn to love yourself as an individual again

• You're m so right thank you!

• I didn't mean to put the "m" in there it was a typo

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes :( I'm sorry :( nktbing is going to help except time. You'll be ok.

What Guys Said 5

• Get out the house with your friends, take your mind off it! play sports, go to dinner, go out drinking! In time you will get better but in the short term, keeping busy is the only thing to get your mind off it - I hope you feel better soon

• Sad part is I don't have any friends they all betrayed me pretty bad. But thank you I hope i feel better soon too

• That's unfortunate, if I was you I would take up a sport or something - join a club and get out the house 3 or 4 times a week you will meet new people and take your mind off things plus you never know! You might just be really good at the new activity you take up and have a really good time

• Thank you I appreciate it :)

• Yes, in some cases it is normal.

• Not at all

• This happens when you break up... try to keep yourself occupied whole day ... but in some cases other person realise and come back. believe me being a loved one is always gift

• if he truly loves you he will reply

• Ok then I guess he doesn't because I call him then he texts me says he's busy and he'll he will call me later but never does.

• Im trying thank you. I deleted all our pictures and threw away everything he gave me except a promise ring he supposedly gave me for my bday. I would rather return that to him..

• right thinking

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!