She changed her mind and broke all promises?

It's not a question but more of I need to vent.
So I met this girl 3 months ago on 9chat (it's a small social media app) and we got talking, and eventually fell for each other. She's from Latvia and I'm from the UK, now I don't usually do long distance but she said she was coming to the UK to go university in like a months time, so to me that was fine, in 4 months we'd be together. I even booked a flight recently to go see her in Latvia, we really got deep after a month of skyping every night.

Then it all went to shit, she didn't get the results needed for the uni of her choice, but she promised she wanted to be with me and would find another uni to go to, and so she applied to one and was accepted. There was some time where she needed to sort out with the old uni about withdrawing her application before she could apply formally to this new uni. And in that time she mentioned one might she was also looking into a uni in Amsterdam, just as a backup, she said there was 0.0001% chance she'd be going there, she said she hated NL too.

But as you can imagine since I'm writing this, she dropped the bomb shell that she'd been thinking and decided Amsterdam was the best choice for her after all :(.

I understand sometimes you have to be selfish and look out for yourself, but it doesn't stop the fact that I'm now left broken, alone with nobody, and she's already off making friends and publicly stating how excited she is to go Amsterdam :(. And she's gone cold on me, never speaks or makes effort, doesn't ask how I am. This girl said she loved me, she'd send those silly loving quotes which were all promises about love and a out choosing me. And it literally took her less than a day to forget me, go cold and just not bother with me.

Rant / vent over, anyone been in this situation?
0
3