What's the weirdest reason you ghosted someone?

Probably some of you have never ghosted anyone but there's that immature periods years ago in our past, when some of us did.

I personally ghosted the guy because I loved him but I was afraid to be in a relationship with him. It was the most immature thing I've ever done I ghosted him right at the peak of my feelings to him and his feelings to me. I still don't understand why I did it. I thought in this way I'd maintain my love to him.

Problems in family, problems with myself lead me to believe it was the best solution. I wish I was as experienced as I'm now I would never hurt him, I would rather communicate than just ignore him like didn't existed. That was how I would solve almost any problem with relationships back then, I would just start ignoring the person who hurt instead of communicating back and I was so easily hurt that probably they didn't even guess what was the reason behind my weird behavior.

I feel so guilty that I left him without any explanation and acted like I hated him while actually I loved him the most out of guys who ever met me. He didn't even do something bad, just I had an ideal image of a man and he didn't fully fit him, but he was the closest person to this ideal.

Looking back right now, he loved me at my worst. I wish I could explain everything to him, but now It's too late.

422

Most Helpful Guy

• Honesty is the best policy. Ghosting on someone is playing games. If you care, let him feel. If you don't care, let him know. It's positive to see that you have grown as a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• First date/hookup situation, the guy went crazy with his mouth on my boobs when I undressed for him. Like, slobbery mess all over my chest... so, I thought I'd just get it over with but he exploded as soon as I touched him. Then he got all sleepy so I just left. He tried to text me and explain and asked for another date.

What Guys Said 21

• Ghosting is idiotic. If you don't like someone just tell them, instead of having them still chace false "maybe". Actually people who Ghost others are pretty spineless, as they have no ability to just "End It".

I been Ghosted by a few girls, the difference is that it takes me often 24 hours to be 50% certain and 48 hours to be 100% certain that I'm being Ghosted when I then approach this Ghosts head on.

That being said I never Ghosted anyone. The weirdest reason a girl Ghosted me as she stated is because "You were not Romantic enough" and mind you this was after 1 date (if you can even call it that). So during our 1 hour and 30 min date she concluded I'm not romantic. This made me later question her sanity, logic and simply crack fun of all the romantic crap she must have read.

• never ghosted anyone ๐Ÿ˜…

• Wow, I did not people did this with that intention. That is some backwards thinking. I feel bad for both of you.

• No reason at all: We just became somewhat distant so it was a goodbye, without saying a goodbye. She never checked on me, neither did I.

• Didn't you try to communicate?

• แƒฐแƒแƒ แƒ›แƒแƒ แƒ—แƒแƒšแƒ˜ แƒฎแƒแƒ , แƒ–แƒแƒ’แƒ˜ แƒซแƒแƒšแƒ˜แƒแƒœ แƒ˜แƒ“แƒ˜แƒแƒขแƒฃแƒ แƒ˜ แƒจแƒ”แƒ™แƒ˜แƒ—แƒฎแƒ•แƒแƒ, แƒ›แƒแƒ’แƒ แƒแƒ› แƒ˜แƒœแƒ’แƒšแƒ˜แƒกแƒฃแƒ แƒ˜ แƒแƒฎแƒšแƒ แƒฃแƒ™แƒ”แƒ— แƒ•แƒ˜แƒชแƒ˜ แƒ•แƒ˜แƒ“แƒ แƒ” แƒแƒฅ แƒงแƒแƒคแƒœแƒแƒ›แƒ“แƒ”.

• แƒ›แƒแƒ’แƒ˜แƒกแƒ—แƒ•แƒ˜แƒก แƒœแƒแƒ›แƒ“แƒ•แƒ˜แƒšแƒแƒ“ แƒ’แƒแƒ›แƒแƒ’แƒแƒ“แƒ’แƒ”แƒ‘แƒแƒ— แƒแƒฅแƒแƒฃแƒ แƒแƒ‘แƒ.

• I texted at 3am morning, "miss you" . That was such a stupid thing. I don't know if i wanna face her in person now.

• Hell I still ghost them when it suits me. Last one was before I quit Fakebook and was chatting with this one girl I was working on. Changed my mind and disappeared after she told me she shaved it (was on the phone with her, don't even remember how that conversation came up). At least I didn't have to find out by making a 3000-mile round trip to hookup and canceled those plans.

• Ghosted a friend because I didn't want him to fell into drugs.
    Ghosted a female long-time friend I deceived because I needed to feel the pain I caused.
    Ghosted the devices of my mother and my brother to protect them from my violent father.
    Ghosted my father and his computer to bust him cheating on my mother also.

• Lol you 'loved' you were at 'the peak of your feeling'. You were just infatuated. Like millions of other people.

• I haven't ghosted a girl whom i had feelings for or dated, but i was ghosted by women who showed interest but stopped replying to my messages after few days/weeks for no reason even though i wasn clingy nor desrepsected them or wasted their time.

these days i dont care much, if she stops replying it means she doesn't like me and i can move on and find someone else.

• Would you please explain to me what ghosting is?

• I ghost females often cause i fear to be rejected.

• Never ghosted anyone.

• I once had a girlfriend. I ghosted her to confirm that she was doing drugs. and I was right. the problem was that she was doing them without me

• Usually they think I'm a player and I'm gaming them. Go figure.

• Cellulite.

• I never have cause i have the balls to tell them the truth im not a pussy

• Because I lost interest in her and she was treating me like shit so she kind of deserved it

• If I have the feeling she's putting in the same effort as me I will eventually go ghost.

• I ghosted one of my exes just because I was bored of her.

• because she sucks... how many dislikes...

• id never ghost anyone

What Girls Said 3

• I've never ghosted anyone & I really wish people would stop doing this. It's so cowardly and uncool to just stop talking to someone. Would you do it in person? Hell no... then it's not right

• Never ghosted anyone

But I get why you did, even if it was wrong.

• Ghosted my ex best friend because she kept cancelling plans. Including ones she made. Got mad so I don't talk to her anymore.