My ex boyfriend broke up with me so he can find himself but says he still loves me?

My ex just broke up with me yesterday night and I've never been so heartbroken. We've been dating for almost 11 months and everything was go well until he got a second job about a month ago. His second job affected me greatly because I hated it so much and he knew. I wasn't very supportive, because I wanted to spend more time with him before we went off to college. His jobs only gave us about 2 hours out of each day to talk to each other. The past two weeks we were fighting more constantly because I told him I wanted more effort from him when it came to romantic gestures. The reason we broke up, is because we both have problems that were affecting our relationship to a toxic level. He had anger issues and I had a bad attitude. So yesterday I decided to tell him maybe we should break up, and he agreed. I never wanted him to agree, I was so shocked because I didn't want him to say that. He basically said he wanted to take a break because he doesn't love himself so how can he love me. He said we could still be friends, and it would be after we're ok later on. He also said there could be a possibility of reconciliation down the line if we fall in love again. I miss him so much and all I cry about is why he decided to leave me when he still loves me. Why couldn't he find himself while dating me, I want him back so bad. Of course I know I should give him space but I'm afraid he'll move on and never love me again. What should I do? Everyone says I should give him space but a part of me wants to believe he'll come back.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• "How can I love you when I cannot love me?"

What a crock of shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex basically told me the same things. I think there is more to the story. If he needs a break from YOU, the one he should feel like a better person with, then there is something wrong. Maybe you should be the one to pull the plug.

• I'm so conflicted in between reaching out to him to tell him how much I miss him and I don't wanna move on and giving him time to think stuff out.

What Guys Said 3

• He could be emotionally stressed.

He needs time to himself.

• Just let him take his time so he can make the right decision

• you should wait like a month or two then tell him how you feel

What Girls Said 1

• Give him a little time, after all you did break up with him and I'm not sure what you were expecting as you said you didn't want him to agree with you, but he needs a little more time