How do you get used to being alone?

I recently separated my partner of 9 years. He has the kids on the weekends because I work weekends. I am not used to being alone so the three days he has the kids are really hard for me. I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am. I haven't been alone since I was a teenager. And I feel really blue because I can't figure out what to do with my alone time. It's depressing that I have nothing when they are gone. Where do I start?

113

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it from me. Just came out of a 13 year marriage. Find something you enjoy bars, movies, book readings, spend time with those friends you weren't able to while you were with your ex, find a new friend too talk with I talked to this girl from halfway across the country every day my kids were with their mom or in bed. Most important of all is dont lose yourself in another guy just for something to do. It will take time for you to adjust. I found it easier to lose my self in my kids. Take them on family trips, movies, out to dinner, parks, get them in sports helps to have as much scheduled as possible.

• I totally agree. But I think she especially needs the emotional support having having friends around and that type of thing after that big of a relationship just ended. Hobbies are great but she needs support the most.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am always alone i like it

What Guys Said 12

• Start dating again or start hobbies that you didn't have time for when your kids were always around. Preferably a hobby that involves friends or meeting new people.

• hobbies are life savers. start doing something that interests you on your free time. I usually recommend a social hobby. that way you can make new friends and have a laugh over something you both enjoy doing.

• I'm sorry, you'll get through it. Find some hobby's to do alone, try out some video games, movies, crafts, yoga, gym, walking, help people on GaG, watch stuff on Youtube. Keep your mind off of you being alone. Hang out with friends or just go out and meet some people.

• Better find something to be busy with. A hobby or such. Also you don't need to be alone. Go and meet people. Find friends.. connect etc

• Community Service, one step to a brighter tomorrow.

• Explore forgotten hobbies. go out with some girl friends.

• vote for trump for a better tommorow

• Maybe watch some tv, play on your phone, go out, etc.

• do you have friends at work

• when u get this answer please share it with me.. I got the same problem - and I ain't kidding

• I've been alone all my life. You'll get used to it.

• He left you or you left him

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!