How to get over a breakup with someone you deeply love?

How do you get over someone you deeply love? How do you stop thinking about them? How do you deal with knowing they don't feel the same way towards you and couldn't care less? I'm a mess, he doesn't care and I want him out of my head and heart and to forget about him

So, ideas? advice?

616

Most Helpful Guy

• Time is the only thing that can heal you. For now I recommend distracting yourself and keeping yourself occupied. Focus on your job, working out, school, or other things. If this happened very recently though, give yourself time to grieve about it. Listening to music helped me the most after break ups though

• It happened yesterday. I feel horrible right now and worthless, he made me feel worthless.

• You have every right to cry right now. Surround yourself with loved ones that can lend you a shoulder to lean on. Buy a ton of your favorite food and watch your favorite shows. You aren't worthless girl, you just have to pick up the pieces and let time heal you

Most Helpful Girl

• There's really nothing you can do. Don't try to rebound. Don't try to stop yourself from feeling, or crying. Just spend a lot of time with your friends and people you love. Go out a lot and find hobbies. It's best to do things for yourself and things that make you happy. Finding things to fill up your day will help you not only get over him but it is good for you in general.

Really all it takes is time. I wish there was a magic cure but there isn't. Sometimes it takes a week to heal, sometimes it takes a month, maybe a year. But you will heal trust me just give it time

What Guys Said 15

• I was with my ex for more than 5 years... when we broke up it was hard at first because we would still have sex with each even though she cheated on me. Listening to music, working, doing things I love, and talking about the break up helped me... but each person is different. I tried sex with another woman... that didn't work.

• Just realise that there is no such a thing in the world as "the One"
    Once you're ready to accept that, you will realise that there's plenty of fish in the sea and you're longing after something that was-not-meant-to-be. It may take long years to process this, depending on how much you loved that individual. Hope I helped.

• The answer is in your username lol.
    Time and no contact works like a charm. Granted expectations it's not going to happen over night.

• m not also getting over breakup from last 2.5 year and whenever i keep myself busy in games and all then i don't think about her but when m alone or little bit depressed then m like why this happend to me.. i havn't done anything wrong to someone and i truly cared about her

• Have a random hook-up with an attractive girl that's been in my friend zone.

• Just forget about it and move on. Choose not to think about it and occupy your time doing other things.

• I know how you feel. This happened to me about a month ago and it came out of no where. At first it's really hard to believe but after about a week I realized it was reality. Try to keep busy and distract yourself. It's been about a month for me and I still think about her everyday even though she has moved on. It's not going to be easy but after time keeps going by you'll start to feel better. Try and think positive and remember you'll find someone better one day.

• Well nothing can help but time can.. try to keep busy yourself as busy as you can be, talk with friends on the topics other than this and start workout :) it will help

• Keep yourself occupied the best you can. It takes time for the feelings to fade

• Go have sex with a different guy

• Easy. Find a cuter, better guy! They exist. But you MUST look around and pray.

• I have a great idea... how about going out and get laid as much as possible

• I just drink for the pain

• You could do some cybersex

What Girls Said 5

• It's so difficult to get over losing someone you care for very deeply. It takes time. You are going to feel awful, but each day you get more and more used to it. It's painful and the best thing you can do is allow yourself to feel bad. Don't suppress it or else it takes longer to heal. Focus on you and do things that you enjoy. It's totally their loss!!!

• I went through this before, time just give it some time , and don't close in your self, go out with friends see other people, slowly you will start seeing your self start moving on, and you will find someone else love you more

• find someone else faster

• Time.

• I was in love with a guy for 3.5 years and thought he was the love of my life. One day I met this guy -- he didn't want anything serious nor did I. Anyway, we are currently friends with benefits. Might be the Wong way to go about it but the sexual chemistry with him made me get over my ex fast. Anyone in my past is now forgotten.