Would you get divorced or stay?

Im going to be factual, would you get divorced or stay if your significant other used you as a verbal punching bag on a daily basis because he is frustrated with parts of his life. He has stopped contributing to anything related to cooking, housework, household duties. He hasn't had sex with me for over a year. He doesn't take an interest in my life at all. He wants a mom or servant to take care of him. I get very upset when he treats me that way.

We we have no kids and only been married for almost 2 years. I have made every attempt to communicate with him how important BOTH of us participate in this marriage and it gets us nowhere. He won't change. About once a week I get a text message from him saying sorry... but the cycle continues. I love the man he used to be, I don't love the man he is now. I think I want a divorce.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• What happened in his life that makes him frustrated and cuss you out daily? You shouldn't do any cooking or housework for awhile to see how he respond. If he hasn't had sex with you in over an year then he's giving it to someone else. It's very possible that he might be on the DL... but I don't know enough yet to fully conclude that. Before he stopped giving you sex, what was y'all sex life like? Do either of y'all have a history of cheating? When did he stop taking an interest in your life? Did you start the relationship out by taking care of him? Having no kids with him is a huge point for you just in case you go through with the divorce. How long were y'all together before getting married? If you have any relatives near where you live you should ask them if you can live with them for about a month to see how your husband react to that... don't tell him what you're doing just up and go since he takes no interest in your life.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• You're right it won't change so you have a decision. Me? I'd divorce

• You said the magic words: "no kids." Ask for counseling. If he refuses, get out now. You will find someone better.
    ~JSmith

• you should let him know that you are thinking about getting a divorce because of his behavior.
    if he didn't change back to the guy you loved you should get a divorce right away.
    only been married for two years and you haven't had sex in a year !!! that's a very big sign.

• Once hitting starts in a relationship it means one major thing... Love is no longer existent... Get out while you can, don't even wait on any divorce papers just get out as each day u stay ur gonna be lowering ur self worth and dignity until ur gonna start to blame urself that ur the reason for his problems n ur self esteem is gonna take a hit... If there is any love left for urself then leave now... No woman should undergo physical abuse, one hit is enough don't wait for the rest to come if u love urself please leave, at this moment

• If you have tried every possible way to get help while in the relationship and either it hasn't worked out or he didn't want to take part then the best thing is to leave and cut all ties with him
    Even if you did have kids it shouldn't change, you should still leave him and have as little to do with him as possible

• I'd say get divorced.

• Leave.

What Girls Said 1

• I would seek marriage counseling, and if that doesn't help, divorce.