How to end a relationship before it begins?

I met this really nice and cute guy. We exchanged numbers and after a few weeks of talking he asked me to dinner. I was taking summer classes and very busy and he was half an hour away working so we never saw each other. I cancelled at the last minute because I didn't feel anything-when we talked all he did was ask questions-there was no conversation whatsoever. And he texted all the time. I ended up ghosting him but what would have been a better way to tell him I wasn't interested when he never officially said he was or called dinner a date? Basically, I felt he would have tried to save face if I had said I wasn't interested by saying "oh I just wanted to be friends anyway" so that's why I ghosted.

Most Helpful Guy

• take control of this now, not later, take back your power to direct your life. men appreciate honesty so we know from day one where you stand, friends zone.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him that you're not interested in him. It may be hard, but then he knows where he stands, which is better than ghosting.

• I don't think this was a right way to handle it especially ghosting him. Whether he was going to give a negative reaction and make it seem like he wasn't interested at least you knew the outcome. Who knows maybe he wouldn't have said that and told you how he felt. Either way he's going to accept what you feel whether he shows it in a positive or negative way. I think you should really talk to him and tell him how you really felt.