Why did he freak out? Why did he talk so bad about me when I was understanding and he broke up with me?

I saw my ex and his cousin at this event and to remind you all whoever answers this that he has talked bad about me before for no reason after we broke up I was really understanding, he got mad at me all the time whenever I would say something it would easily take them off if any other person said the same thing he would just react to me differently and he would always tease me about all these things that used to say that he liked about me. I never reacted once and I never talked bad about him behind his back. When we were at this event in this line my ex and his cousin were talking about who is nicer and I said that his cousin was nicer and he was like "what nooo he's not I'm nicer if anything I think were both equally mean" and I go "nooo he's nicer year really mean I don't know but specifically to me" and he goes "OK I admit I talk shit about you and I go why and he goes "because I was mad"and then I just wanted to ignore the conversation because I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable but what was he mad about? he was the one who broke up with me and started liking this other girl which ended. Continuing on I was like "oh who you think has the better personality" and he flipped and was like shut the fuck up like three times "shut the fuck up why do you have to compare us" and I was like "you guys were already talking about this and you guys have before" and I go "you just get irritated by me for no reason" and he goes "it's because whenever I give you a chance you're annoying" which is not true because I tried to talk to him all the time and he would just block me off and was mean it was even was behind my back he could never say it to my face so I just stopped trying because he didn't make the effort to there was no point and I completely cut off talking to him. After he did that we got along and we're talking fine it was actually really good but I got a little confused when he flipped over about how I was comparing him to his cousin (best friend)
1
1