How to get rid of this shitty feeling in my chest?

So this feeling has been going on for quite a while and its happened since I broke up with my ex, every time before bed I get this horrible, shitty feeling in my chest which makes me want to cry and just not want to be here anymore.

I tried talking to other people to get rid of it but it feels like I'm just trying to cover it up and it doesn't do much, like I could talk to 10 guys/girls at once, feel better and happier but as soon as it gets to this time I start getting the need to cry and just die. I really like this guy, he lives a few hours away from me and I've known him for a few good months now but I wanted to get with him the first time but he rejected me and now that I think we are around the same level I want to ask him to be with me but that feeling comes to my chest and just stops me because it feels like I shouldn't be doing that, it still feels like I'm with my ex and yeah... I'm not sure what to do anymore...

07

Most Helpful Guy

• Only time will alleviate any and all feelings of your ex. Time and consistent exposure to people and activities. Whenever I spend too much time doing nothing, all my bad thoughts come in, you really can't help that. Give it time, and it will go away eventually. You'll be happy.

What Guys Said 6

• Time to pass on my dad's advice (it works only if you apply it) to buy a new plant, get some new dishes, learn a new recipe, go and experience new places, make new friends, and entertain the idea of meeting a new guy.

all this will eventually give you new options, fresh outlook, and erase the cobwebs in your life.

not moving on is creating a vacuum in your life, which is festering, becoming an infection, and robbing you of your life.

take back your power, get back into life, now, today, and live.

• never give your personal power away, even in a committed relationship, my happiness is my own creation, my girlfriend understands this and she is the same. our mutual exclusive relationship is inter dependent, not codependent.

• You need to find the root of your problems. You shouldn't desperately try to be with anyone. Go on and do your own business, he knows your intentions and if he likes you he'll make a move, if not he won't and there's nothing bad about that. I don't believe in "levels", some people will like what they see on you and some would dislike those same things, you won't ever be able to be everyone's type and honestly you shouldn't even aspire to that. Just be yourself, and I'm sure that that'll be more than enough for some.

• You need time to move on. ☺️💕

• Thats called heartbreak and you need duct tape to fix it

• Be strong and rational with your situation. Face the fact that he doesn't want anything (his loss obviously) and go for someone who actually wants you in return. Think about it, why would you want to be with someone who wouldn't want to be with you and isn't committed?

• He was that, there is more than what I just wrote on there, its complicated but thank you for trying to help ❤

• That's why I never really answer these questions because there's always more to them haha and I feel like shit if OP takes what I said the wrong way. No problem!

• Yeah its fine, dont worry about it ❤

• you've gotta get new hobbies and activities that become more important than that feeling

What Girls Said 0