How to get over a breakup with no closure?

My ex is a drunk who ignored me consistently when I was hurting and would also lie often. On his birthday he ended up lying to me saying he was with his family when he wasn't and obviously got drunk and ignored me all night long despite my texts/calls. I told him this would be it if he did it and he still ignored me all night - I removed him off all social media but haven't blocked his number in case he will text me but it's been two days and he obviously doesn't care enough to reach out to me.

I'm really confused because a few days before that he was saying how much he loves me, wants a serious future, and that he will do whatever he can to make this work. Just a day before the incident he said he would never do those things again and he wants to be with me. I know I can't be with someone who will so willingly betray me. I also know in the past he ALWAYS messages me or reaches out even if we don't talk for a while, and I don't exactly want to deal with that jarring feeling.

Anyway I don't know how to move on or let it go. I'm so confused because of his commitment/feelings just a few days ago, and now he has basically ghosted me? What should I even do? How can I let it go if I'm so stuck on why he would do this?

03

What Guys Said 3

• you don't have to continue in that relationship, but sometimes you have to be the bigger person and forgive to forget the past.

that relationship is not stable, and separation is going to happen in the future whether you like it or not.
    I think that person's actions are the answer to all your questions that make you confused.

learn to accept the apology you never got and move on.

• you need to end it with a clean break, gain perspective and look to the future. you need to give yourself the closure

• Honestly why stress over someone that clearly doesn't care

What Girls Said 0