What are your opinions on long distance relationships?

I'm currently going through one rn and just thought I'd scower for some others' opinions

147

Most Helpful Girl

• LDR are too challenging and difficult to maintain. It's not impossible to make them work ,
    but it's rare they survive the distance

The ultimate goal of a LDR is to end the distance by meeting up in person. Most people can't do that. It's pointless calling it a relationship if two people can't spend quality time in together in real life

Personally, I couldn't be happy in a LDR. I'm too affectionate. I love giving and receiving affection. The base of a LDR is online communication. That's not enough to maintain a lasting healthy relationship

You can't know a person's true character just by chatting with them online. You need to see them in real life situations and circumstances , over a period of time, before you can determine their try character. When communication is online you only really know them in a superficial way

An online relationship can't be compared to a relationship in real life. Trust issues and insecurities eventually develop due to their partner being so out of reach. They start to feel envious of people of the opposite sex who can spend time with their partner in real life. When all they have is online communication

Some people are happy to settle for a LDR, but I couldn't. I want to be able to see my boyfriend in person. Feel him, touch him and be close to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, I don't trust LDR's. In terms of trust and loyalty, they are hard to maintain. It might lead to misunderstandings, and we don't know what's in the other person's backpack. In terms of sex, LDR's have sexual frustration, which MIGHT lead to a person involuntarily cheat on the other, without the other even knowing. Also, communication issues might happen depending on the person's life occurrences, which leads back to misunderstandings and unnecessary trust issues.

What Girls Said 13

• Love conquers all.

• Im currently in ldr for 7 months now, and everything is goin well. We had a lot of misunderstandings and trust issues are always there, so communication is vital in ldr. He'll visit me on November, and im so excited and anxious at the same time.

• I don't see anything wrong with a LDR if they plan on moving in together or move closer together in the future. Other than that I don't think it could work, smells like desperation to me that their not good enough and can't get anyone else in the area.

• It is ok.. can work if love is strong ,, and if you believe that this person suits your personality,, been one for 2 years,, but we met about 5 times throughout ,, make sure to meet from time to time, and make some memories to push you a little bit

• Ok lemme debunk some myths:

1) Ldrs don't work. Well, no relationship works if you aren't committed and faithful. Stop blaming the distance, I bet you would break up for other reasons if you were close.
    2) Relationships are impossible without physical intimacy. Uhh married couples where the husband or wife works abroad, they are basically in a long distance relationship.

Never let the distance be an issue for you. For further talk pm me. :)

• They are difficult but possible to work. All my relationships had somesort of long distance relationship componet. What is import is that you guys trust each other, communicate honestly, and see each other in person at some point.
    Good luck!

• Was in a LDR for a while, put a lot of strain on the relationship and led to a lot of silly fights. Know friends in similar situations, two of which also did long distance, both of them said it was very very hard and they both ended up fighting with their SO a lot more. But it's worth it if you want to be with this person.

• Do u like it?

• i dont think they ever work because the distance. For me i would like to see the person face to face... and i would like a person in my area.. who knows if he could even have someone there... too risky

• I'm in a LDR right now and it's hard sometimes, but we do try to make it work. You need to talk about your problems though, try to understand the other person.

• It's all the burden of being in a relationship with none of the good stuff.

It seems like a monumental time waste for young people in their prime dating years.

• i would never do it again. i dont think thy last unless u have known this person for a long time. communication can be hard and u never really know wht thy are doing. i got feelings for someone else while in a LDR and felt sad too cuz my friends were with their boyfriend and i couldnt do anything but text thm or Skype.

• Good until you make a mistake.
    (I made a mistake)

• Well, I have made multiple mistakes but, Not every LDR has mistakes.
      I don't really want to say what mistakes.

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly, to me they're a waste of time.

• If both partners are devoted to eachother, there's nothing wrong with it 👍

• Tried once and never tries it again.
    I don't know what's going on out there metal. If u r lucky, then would be a success. Keep going and don't keep it in mind that what we said. Its its going on fine, then u just continue it.
    If u r trying to find out a love via online, then pls don't go for it. Its just a waste of time.

• Constant communication is definitely something you need to establish

• They only work if you were together for a long time and developed a lot of trust prior to being at distance.
    If you met the girl on vacation and only see her once a year, i dont think it will work out, or thatits healthy.
    Burden of a relationship without the benefits

• No point