Should I warn my ex's new girlfriend, who happens to be a friend from high school, about his bad ways?

so u recently ran into an old friend from HS at work. But she seemed super shocked when she saw me. Just a few days later I'm told by a friend she's dating my ex from a year ago. Instantly, my thought were "Oh No, I feel sorry for her & I should warn her!" My ex was a person who I would describe as a wolf in sheep clothing. He's a great bullshiter & is good at making him self look like the perfect guy. (If you want a better understanding of what I'm talking about, check my first original question on here). Should I reach out to her and let her know that I'm not bothered by their relationship, and that if I see her I would treat her no different that just to watch out who she's dealing with? I know she's a good person and I would hate to see another women hurt

48

Most Helpful Guy

• You wouldn't of listened when you were in her shoes especially if this is a new relationship. Don't waste your breath. Sometimes people need to learn lessons the hard way, part of life.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you shouldn't do that. Everyone should make their own opinions about such stuff, maybe he treats her different than he treated you. You might ruin something good or you can show as a jealous ex in the eyes of that girl, even if you say you aren't. Stay out of it. There's only a 50/50 chance that it will lead to something good.

What Guys Said 7

• Only if he is a rapist or something drastic. Other than that, it's none of your business unless she asks for your help.

• No, stay out of it. Your interpretation is just that - YOURS.
    What you're describing is called defamation of character. Whatever their relationship dynamic is will likely be different than yours, and it's none of your business anyway.

• I was definitely going to take this Into consideration and let her know that their relationship may not be the same as it was with me. and perhaps I got the shitty end of the relationship. He's scarred me and I have a hard time trusting relationships now, all because he was able to lie to my face, even when I had the proof.

• Everybody lies.
      Consider not giving power over yourself to some third party. YOU get to decide.

• No. Unless the guys is a drug dealer, rapist, serial killer or has AIDS, there is no reason to get involved.
    Maybe he's terrible with you, doesn't mean he's terrible with the next chick.

• nooooooooo

• mind your own biz

• thts good but u need not to warn but u can tell her about ur feelings

• You could warn her but she may not take your advice

• That's what I'm afraid of. I know she's a good person.

• I wouldn't bother unless it's something life threatening about him

What Girls Said 3

• She may not accept it and hate you, but that is your call, I think if it were personally me.. I would try to warn her

• Yeahh. Honestly I may just tell her I know why she seemed surprised. & that I have no weird feelings towards her. & hopefully she doesn't have a bad look on me if he's told her storeies. I really just wish her the best

• no because Ull only come off as being jealous of his and her relationship and not wanting him and her to date. he may change his so called bad ways for her... either way... u could very well be right... but let her find out.

• God I really hope he's changed since then or she's able to change him. I wouldn't want a friend of mine dating a liar, a possible cheater, or a hyprocrite.

• I understand completely... but u definitely don't want to seem like Ur just being a typical "ex" ya know...

• Haha true!

• I think it is ok to tell her about him, as long as you make her understand you respect her decision and that it is her choice, but that you couldnt in good conscience, knowing what you know, simply not tell her.

• by the way how can we check your 1st question here

you're anonymous XD

just pointing that out

• Yeahh i thought that too, but he was basically rushed out of the previous place he was living so we moved in together. And then he wanted me to get married under the table within those 6 months of me not knowing what was going on (I think to make it "ok" to live together in Gods eyes) Thank goodness I listened to my gut feelings. It was all a lesson I learned

• yes he sounds like a piece of work indeed.