Around two years ago I cheated, I told my girlfriend about it and we broke up. Shortly after we got back together and worked through it. To skip ahead, she doesn't trust me. She will take my phone and dig through it, accuse me of cheating again (which I haven't since the one incident two years ago), and talk down to me about everything from physical appearance to mannerisms. Claiming to need a reason to stay with me still. To me this is showing me that she's trying to assert her dominance or something. I know I made a mistake, and I know a relationship isn't working if there's no trust on one side or the other. So should I end it? a two and a half year relationship, how would you do that so its best for everyone?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• She kind of has the right to doubt about you cheating...but I think she is really being dominant and that's not good :S If there is not trust in a relationship...it won't really work out. In my opinion, you should end it. Maybe then she would notice that she's been way overprotective and everything. that's my opinion, of course.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe if you didn't cheat in the first place you wouldn't be in this situation, but I digress. If she doesn't trust you I would talk to her and make a mutual decision either to end it or not. You can't be in a relationship and not trust each other.

• Well it depends, if you love her enough to take this talk downs and dominating thingy then I think you should tell her about it, take it on her perspective, is she being reasonable or not? then ask yourself, is she worth it? if the answer is yes then good luck for both of you. If no, happy mingling then :)

• I'm sorry but I don't blame her. I agree with ComicStix; you wouldn't be in this situation if you didn't cheat. Just have a talk with her and tell her you'll never do it again. Put yourself in her perspective. How would you feel if she cheated on you. I'm sure you would do the same thing by checking through her phone and stuff. You lost her trust so if she's worth it than prove to her that she should trust you again :)

What Guys Said 2

• give her one chance ONE, tell her you made a mistake but she has to forgive you if your going to work. then ask her why she wants to be with someone she can't trust and say you can't be with someone who can't forgive once.

• This guy knows best I agree!!! One chance or your done biatch!!!

• Reassert your dominance. Tell her to back off or things won't work out.

Most probably she'll go ape-sh*t. At this stage, you could keep it up, but DO NOT marry her under any circumstances.

On the off chance she sees sense and gives in, keep her and reassess as you need to.