Is life meaningless?

yes

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Life in itself is meaningless.
    That's why everyone strives to find a meaning for themselves, or have a goal they'd like to work towards throughout life which will help them feel as if they do have a purpose.

0|0
    0|0
    • damn, girls really over-think the question.

• I'm a psych major and the 'meaning of life' and whether it exists or not is a central part of existential theory so you'll be glad to know this answer came to mind for me within no more than a few seconds.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the concept of "meaning" is an entirely human construct that allows us sew trillions of bits of information into everything we perceive in order to create higher level psychological and social constructs with which we form a basis for what we call "ourselves", "others" and the makeup of universe in which we live. so, technically yes.
    Yet, what and how we perceive is an intimate reflection of our internal world. Reality itself is made up of a consensus between raw input via your senses and an entirely unique spark of personality and life given to it by the human mind, ergo, any meaning you assign to anything is in essence "real". so, also no.

Life doesn't have meaning on its own. Meaning is a gift we give life so that it can become more than what it is, and in doing so, we become more than what we are.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• No it's not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You're a creature on this earth that has evolved and takes part I natural selection to live in order to reproduce and pass the better genes on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what your perception is of life. If you truly want to find meaning, you will receive it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think... in fervently trying to find a deeper meaning to life, we often make life meaningless.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just answered your own question.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, yes it is but, doesn't stop you from having fun and doing what you love whilst you still can

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;