Ps. And the number you see in the statics are % (Its Europe)
Why do you think divorce rates are rising nowadays?
Ps. And the number you see in the statics are % (Its Europe)
What Girls Said 10
It's a combination of several factors, but mostly it's due to changes in society and laws.
Before 1970, divorce was difficult to get; usually you couldn't get a divorce unless one of the spouses had committed a crime or a sin to justify the divorce -- adultery, abuse, cruelty, or whatever.
Also, before it was much more common for the woman to be the housewife and the man to be the breadwinner... if the woman was unhappy in the marriage it wasn't that easy to get divorced because she didn't have a job or a steady income, and was dependent on the man to support her -- so in some cases it was stay in your unhappy marriage or starve. With more women becoming active in the workforce, this got to be less of an obstacle, as the woman likely had a job and could provide for herself even after the divorce.
Divorce also became more acceptable. The guilt and fault of the old divorce laws were gone. As more couples separated, divorce gradually became a normal part of life, and it was no longer the huge shame and stigma it once had been.
In short, many couples that would have previously remained married now chose divorce.
Plus... people live longer now than they did in the past. There's just a lot more time for things to go bad in the marriage and end in divorce.
Because people no longer remain in abusive marriages and sentence themselves to be treated like shit for the duration of their lives purely to maintain their family's 'honour'. Women also now have the right to have an income of their own, and so no longer remain in marriages purely because without their husband, they'd have no shelter/food of their own.
Because people who were never in love are getting married even more now.
Got married too early and not truly knowing each other.
Or cheating, falling out of love, etc.
Because we make it easier to get a divorce.
I believe it.
Cause people don't value marriage as much anymore.
People don't choose wisely
Because they can.
Humans aren't naturally monogamous for life. Social pressure, economic strangulation and religion forced people to keep bonds on paper that weren't being unheld in spirit.
I had friends from Catholic Ireland for example, who said their parents lived in separate houses and their dads had long term mistresses.
The people who DO stay married now are likely to be happier than in years past.
People are getting married for the wrong reasons
What Guys Said 29
great question @TheNotorious, that's good that you brought here that info about divorces rate in the world.
my answer is the same of @disgustingweebtrash and I will add 1 more reason, maybe the most important reason which allowed Feminism, Family values gone and welfare state to dominate the Western World: THE DOWNFALL OF CHRISTIANITY
- People don't value marriage or family anymore
- People are so interested in being independent because they're so distrustful or each other, but a strong relationship actually requires you to be able to depend on each other, not to be competitors
- Women are more interested in earning money than raising their own children, feminists have brainwashed them into believing that being "just a Mother" means fuck all and that your worth has more to do with how much money you make, "you go grrrrlll"
- Hook up culture, the oversexualisation of our culture and increasingly nowadays our children, leads to a lot mors casual sex - the more sexual. partners a woman has the more likely she is to divorce, also the easier it is to find a slut the more likely an asshole guy is to cheat
- This leads to unwanted children, broken families, those children eventually act the same way since they don't have a healthy childhood and they themselves become unable to have healthy relationships
- Feminism made it easier to divorce with "no fault divorce", and divorce laws are biased against men in favour of women, so a woman can divorce a man out of boredom and still take half of his shit (which is why 75% of divorces are initiated by women)
- Feminism also promotes single Motherhood and the idea that Fathers aren't that important, that '"strong independent single Mothers" can still do as good job of raising kids as a traditional family (stats show this is generally not the case) and that the nuclear family is "outdated"
Because people marry with unreasonable and unrealistic expections of what a real relationship is. It's about what they're getting right now - how their needs are being met. When that changes they bail. Or cheat.
Love isn't about getting - it's about giving. Loving someone isn't so you can get something from it.
And people are not willing to compromise - they dig their heels in and fight. It's all a giant fail.
Because people are simply taking the institution of marriage for granted and are not
1) Respecting the vows they took
2) Are not even taking seriously or considering the vows they are agreeing to in the first place.
It's obvious, there's no divorce without marriage, and you shouldn't necessarily take decisions lightly when you take vows with someone and agree to spend the rest of your lives with them
People are seeking and not finding.
It is as a curse upon the land, a spirit of dissatisfaction.
Long has this Doom been foretold.
Because our entire generation believes no one is to be trusted and you should keep your circle as small as possible. Also, there is no accountability in most relationships nowadays because of social media.
Because people are too much busy earning there livelihood and spending time on idiot boxes (television, laptops, mobile) instead of having nice communication and developing better understanding.
Because now people are realizing it's not a "virtue" to live miserably for the rest of their lifes. It's progress.
This is the reason.
Where did you get those images? Divorce rates are declining in the United States; it hasn't been this low since the early 1970's.
Couples don't put in the effort, they just quit when theirs a rough patch, bad communication. Marriage is like a garden, it must be tended to and watered daily or it'll die.
It's a lot of reasons. People getting married for the wrong reasons, women realizing that they can take advantage of men via the laws in the West etc...
piece of ass that can't cook clean or properly act like a lady or please or man or even try can't think can't communicate no motherly instincts no respect no loyalty
in Nigeria it's becoming popular and it happens when both partner's are not in love again trust is broken
well if divorce is going up then it just mean a bad mirage has ended and that those play are better off not together
more and now women are adopting feminist ideologies and believe in false narratives and act upon those narratives thus leading to the rise of divorce.
FAMILY VALUES GONE
according to me, it's because lack of communication and mutual trust between each other.
- More from Guys 9
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.