Why do you think divorce rates are rising nowadays?

I was utterly shocked when i discovered this.

Ps. And the number you see in the statics are % (Its Europe)Why do you think divorve rates are rising nowadays??Why do you think divorve rates are rising nowadays??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The result for my country are totally false, I don't know where you get it from but it go lower and lower each years. It's strange.

0|0
    0|0
    • its not false, Its the bloody truth

• Show All
    • It's less than 50 % in my country. It's 44 %.
      In 2005 it was 52 %, in 2010 46 % and in 2016 it's 44 %. It's big but it get lower.

Generally couple divorce for money problem or because they have different view for their future.

• Thanks for the MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• It's a combination of several factors, but mostly it's due to changes in society and laws.

Before 1970, divorce was difficult to get; usually you couldn't get a divorce unless one of the spouses had committed a crime or a sin to justify the divorce -- adultery, abuse, cruelty, or whatever.

Also, before it was much more common for the woman to be the housewife and the man to be the breadwinner... if the woman was unhappy in the marriage it wasn't that easy to get divorced because she didn't have a job or a steady income, and was dependent on the man to support her -- so in some cases it was stay in your unhappy marriage or starve. With more women becoming active in the workforce, this got to be less of an obstacle, as the woman likely had a job and could provide for herself even after the divorce.

Divorce also became more acceptable. The guilt and fault of the old divorce laws were gone. As more couples separated, divorce gradually became a normal part of life, and it was no longer the huge shame and stigma it once had been.

In short, many couples that would have previously remained married now chose divorce.

Plus... people live longer now than they did in the past. There's just a lot more time for things to go bad in the marriage and end in divorce.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because people no longer remain in abusive marriages and sentence themselves to be treated like shit for the duration of their lives purely to maintain their family's 'honour'. Women also now have the right to have an income of their own, and so no longer remain in marriages purely because without their husband, they'd have no shelter/food of their own.

0|0
    0|2
  • Got married too early and not truly knowing each other.
    Or cheating, falling out of love, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we make it easier to get a divorce.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people who were never in love are getting married even more now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause people don't value marriage as much anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • People don't choose wisely

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they can.

Humans aren't naturally monogamous for life. Social pressure, economic strangulation and religion forced people to keep bonds on paper that weren't being unheld in spirit.

I had friends from Catholic Ireland for example, who said their parents lived in separate houses and their dads had long term mistresses.

The people who DO stay married now are likely to be happier than in years past.

0|0
    0|0
    • *werent being UPheld that should say

• People are getting married for the wrong reasons

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• WELFARE STATE

FAMILY VALUES GONE

FEMINISM

2|7
    0|1
  • Sweden wtf is the matter with you? ! ? ! Pump out some ethnic Swedes now! Ugh.. I'm gonna have to have at least 5 children in my life time don't I?

0|4
    0|0
  • Because people marry with unreasonable and unrealistic expections of what a real relationship is. It's about what they're getting right now - how their needs are being met. When that changes they bail. Or cheat.

Love isn't about getting - it's about giving. Loving someone isn't so you can get something from it.

And people are not willing to compromise - they dig their heels in and fight. It's all a giant fail.

0|1
    0|0
  • - People don't value marriage or family anymore
    - People are so interested in being independent because they're so distrustful or each other, but a strong relationship actually requires you to be able to depend on each other, not to be competitors
    - Women are more interested in earning money than raising their own children, feminists have brainwashed them into believing that being "just a Mother" means fuck all and that your worth has more to do with how much money you make, "you go grrrrlll"
    - Hook up culture, the oversexualisation of our culture and increasingly nowadays our children, leads to a lot mors casual sex - the more sexual. partners a woman has the more likely she is to divorce, also the easier it is to find a slut the more likely an asshole guy is to cheat
    - This leads to unwanted children, broken families, those children eventually act the same way since they don't have a healthy childhood and they themselves become unable to have healthy relationships
    - Feminism made it easier to divorce with "no fault divorce", and divorce laws are biased against men in favour of women, so a woman can divorce a man out of boredom and still take half of his shit (which is why 75% of divorces are initiated by women)
    - Feminism also promotes single Motherhood and the idea that Fathers aren't that important, that '"strong independent single Mothers" can still do as good job of raising kids as a traditional family (stats show this is generally not the case) and that the nuclear family is "outdated"

0|0
    0|0
  • great question @TheNotorious, that's good that you brought here that info about divorces rate in the world.

my answer is the same of @disgustingweebtrash and I will add 1 more reason, maybe the most important reason which allowed Feminism, Family values gone and welfare state to dominate the Western World: THE DOWNFALL OF CHRISTIANITY

0|1
    0|0
    • That's why Europe needs to become Christian again, more than that, the whole Western World needs to become Christian again... then family will be restored as an important institution in society again, sexual liberation and unfeminine behaviour promoted by feminism will be shunned and then men will value women again and women will value men again!

that's the only salvation for divorces: #MakeEuropeChristianAgain

• Because now people are realizing it's not a "virtue" to live miserably for the rest of their lifes. It's progress.

0|1
    0|0
  • People are fucking up, our culture aswell.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is the reason.

0|1
    0|1
  • People are seeking and not finding.

It is as a curse upon the land, a spirit of dissatisfaction.

Long has this Doom been foretold.

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../fd3.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are simply taking the institution of marriage for granted and are not
    1) Respecting the vows they took
    2) Are not even taking seriously or considering the vows they are agreeing to in the first place.

It's obvious, there's no divorce without marriage, and you shouldn't necessarily take decisions lightly when you take vows with someone and agree to spend the rest of your lives with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are too much busy earning there livelihood and spending time on idiot boxes (television, laptops, mobile) instead of having nice communication and developing better understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where did you get those images? Divorce rates are declining in the United States; it hasn't been this low since the early 1970's.

0|0
    0|0
  • in Nigeria it's becoming popular and it happens when both partner's are not in love again trust is broken

0|0
    0|0
  • Sloots gonna sloot

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a lot of reasons. People getting married for the wrong reasons, women realizing that they can take advantage of men via the laws in the West etc...

0|1
    0|0
  • more and now women are adopting feminist ideologies and believe in false narratives and act upon those narratives thus leading to the rise of divorce.

0|1
    0|0
  • damn belgium is really high.

0|0
    0|0
  • piece of ass that can't cook clean or properly act like a lady or please or man or even try can't think can't communicate no motherly instincts no respect no loyalty

0|0
    0|0
  • Couples don't put in the effort, they just quit when theirs a rough patch, bad communication. Marriage is like a garden, it must be tended to and watered daily or it'll die.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because our entire generation believes no one is to be trusted and you should keep your circle as small as possible. Also, there is no accountability in most relationships nowadays because of social media.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's an epidemic of gold digging whores.

0|2
    0|0
  • well if divorce is going up then it just mean a bad mirage has ended and that those play are better off not together

0|0
    0|0
  • according to me, it's because lack of communication and mutual trust between each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a break down of the family unit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of feminism, women don't need men anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of the craze to be in a relation with someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls everywhere are returning to their instincts, Christianity promoted monogamy, but feminism is released us from the shackles of religion and girls are getting their animalistic instincts back. In nature girls all flock to the alpha male, women are divorcing their beta husbands in search of joining harems run by alpha males. Guys will good genes are supposed to be the ones reproducing, not beta males. You can expect in a few years that more and more males will be single and left to die out of the gene pool and polygamy will be promoted. Survival of the fittest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Screw Western Women, I'm going to go get me a Vietnamese, Chilean or Columbian bride. Those women are faithful...

0|2
    1|2
    • Show All
    • @Marson4life

I can guarantee there will be some good guys there that you aren't noticing.

• @AdamThomas ik there are i look thx! :)

Loading... ;