Do I tell and hurt him? Or keep it to myself and live happy?

I cheated on my boyfriend. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never, ever do it again. No one knows, so I don't think he'd ever find out from anyone else. We love each other and plan on spending a long time together. So should I tell him and destroy him? Or keep it to myself, vow to never do it again, and consider it a mistake, learn from it, and keep it in the past?

I'm generally an honest person, but I don't want to crush him; and I love him very much. I would only be ruining our relationship just to relieve the guilt that I deserve to feel. I'm willing to deal with that to keep him and keep us together.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• To the update:

It will eventually come out sometime, whether it be a week from now, or 20 years from now and you are married or whatever. From my perspective, I would like to be told if my girlfriend cheated on me, because it shows me that they love me enough to tell me, and trust in my decision (to stay, or leave them). Finally...what if your boy hears it from someone else, I mean boys tell other boys things, and it will eventually get around. So either he hears it from you (and most likely will break up with you) , or you tell him and probably stay together if he is a ethically straight man.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him. Be honest. What if he cheated? Wouldn't you want to be told?

• All girls cheat, you'll do it again I guarantee it

• I never cheated.

• I guess you missed this part "It was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never, ever do it again"

and like I said, It will never happen again. You don't know me, just as I don't know you. I'm just looking for some helpful advice so that I can save my relationship with the man I love.

• All girls say that after they've done it, but they still do it again, stop fooling yourself, once a cheat always a cheat

What Girls Said 3

• Do NOT tell him.

And never do this. though I blv in being honest. but de best thng rite now is to leave it. and move fwd.

• I don't think you should tell him. BUT maybe you should consider how committed you are to this relationship. Actions speak louder than words.

• Don't tell him, never do it again, learn from it.