How long does it take a man to get over a divorce?

His divorce was finalized last month.

We talked the other night and he told me he can't handle someone in his life right now. and needs to handle some things before he gets involved. And he doesn't want to lead me on.
Totally reasonable considering he just got divorced. Not to mention he is now a single father of 3.

We've both made it clear that we care about each other.

Right now I'm giving him a ton of space. Which I feel is the right thing to do for him. But god it's hard to stay away from him.
I know people are gonna say move on, but for me there's no one else. I can't imagine being with someone else. Or him with someone else it makes my stomach turn. What I feel for him is the realest thing I've ever felt in my life.

There is no sex involved. We have been intimate before.
We met in 2011. Had a little fling until he went back to his now ex wife. But we remained friends.
We just reconnected in November and the rest is history. Lots of old feelings came back. Never really got over him in the first place.
3
1