How to stop living in the past?

I don't really have a question. Im just hurting and I'm tired of hurting. I'm hanging on by a single thread and that thread is my son. It gets better, so I've been told, but not everyone is dealt a good hand in life, and I've accepted that. I'm tired of the loneliness. Even when I'm in a crowded room. My job requires me to constantly smile, but I'm screaming inside. How can I stop living in the past

12

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure what the details are but time allows callouses to grow over pain if not heal it.

• Read or listen to some of Eckhart Tolle's work. The book or audio that you need, is the one you will be drawn to.

What Girls Said 1

• I understand its really hard to let go of the past. You just need to try and focus on the present. I would highly recommend Mindfulness techniques, which may help you focus on the here and now as well as appreciate the important things/achievements in life, like your son :)