Returning stuff to ex?

My ex broke up with me over 3 months ago after a 2+ year relationship. The breakup turned very weird because for 2 months, he kept chatting with me every single day, initiating conversations and all. He would say he didn't want to date me but, as I still loved him, I thought this would be the way to get back together. One day we even met (he offered to help me with something) and he kissed me. We made out, as I was under the impression that I was finally getting him back, but in the end, he told me he didn't actually want to be with me and it was just a "thing of the moment". He then proceeded in telling me we couldn't even be friends. I was very hurt but respected his wishes, not contacting him again. Earlier this week (around a month after he said that), he texted me, even after telling me he didn't want to be friends with me (he saw my instagram and congratulated me over something that happened and asked me a few things). A few hours later I replied and all i got was nothing, he didn't even reply with a polite "thank you".

I thought I was feeling better since we stopped contacting. I was missing him less and less and feeling better with myself. But since he texted me, i really took a few steps back on my progress. I'm back to feeling really sad and empty, missing him and crying every day. I still have a few things of his at my house, so I was wondering if I should return them now, so I don't have any reason to talk to him again and possibly risking my future progress. He always said we had plenty of time to return stuff, so no need to rush. However, it bothers me to have his stuff here now that we aren't even friends. But I'm scared of texting him in order to do that and I don't know how to act. Can somebody help me?

Thank you if you read it all

27

Most Helpful Guy

• My opinion is return stuff that belongs to them and move on with life.
    My ex girlfriend gave me back my class-ring and engagement ring after she broke off our engagement. It was only 5 days after Valentines day
    she ended our relationship and i was good to her and all she did was
    tell me stuff her step-dad and mother said about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what he has done to you is incredibly cruel. He instigated the breakup but couldn't let go himself, then he kisses you and tells you that you can't be friends. Talk about mixed signals. Backs off and randomly contacts you out of the blue. He's playing a game, he wants to keep you on the hook as a just in case. I've been in your situation and it's very hard especially when you still have strong feelings for him. I ended up telling my ex "that if he ever really loved me then to never contact me again" and thankfully he didn't. With regards to his belongings drop them off to a mutual friend or a member of his family. You need time to work through your own feelings regarding the breakup and having that's stuff around will only make it harder. I wouldn't necessarily block him from your phone but write his number on a piece of paper put it somewhere safe and delete it from your phone. If he persists in contacting you after you have asked him not to then by all means block him.

• indeed, he was really mean but i can't understand why, especially because it's really out of his character. thank you very much, i will do that i think!

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 6

• do you know where any of his friends/family live? you could drop stuff there and then get on with your life

• I think the next time you talk to him ask him what does he really want? and a demand a logical explanation.
    after that tell him. if thats what you wish, never contact me again and Move on.

• Holy fuck. I HATE the position you're in. I understand you so perfectly and so fully that I started feeling sad. I went through this too. Just stick through it. Right now, this seems like a huge thing that will never get better, but I'll guarantee you something; after giving it time to heal and get better, you'll think back on this part of your life and laugh at it. Trust me it gets better.

• Thank you for your support

• It's over honey, move on.

• move on he not deserve you

• I understand I m dealing with same issue but just listened to ur heart not want v all say

What Girls Said 1

• Return them... and or block his number and just stop all communication.. that is hard to deal with

• I wasn't counting on contacting him any time soon, he is the one that breaks up and kisses me, tells me we can't talk and texts me. Thank you for your opinion!

• @sohail01 You didn't say anything wrong, I just didn't understand it. But it doesn't matter no more. I hope you feel better soon!

• thanks I don't know should I ask this that ru on Instagram or fb like can v b friends