Should I break up with my boyfriend?

I (F/20) have been with my boyfriend (29) for two years now. He is my best friend and I want to spend the rest of my life with him but I feel like we've met too soon. We used to hang out every day but because he's become very busy with family and work, we only see each other once a week. It bothers me a lot that that day is typically something like a Wednesday or a Sunday while on Fridays and Saturdays he goes out drinking with his friends while I stay at home because my only option really is to go clubbing with my single friends. I just don't feel comfortable going while I am in a relationship.
Probably my closest friend is a guy who my boyfriend gets very jealous over. That's mainly because the friend does have romantic feelings for me but I don't reciprocate them at all. Even with that, I feel like if I hypothetically hadn't met my boyfriend, I would be with him. I've never actually said that to either my boyfriend or the friend because I am very serious about staying faithful to my boyfriend. I spend a lot of time with him as opposed to my female friends mainly because it takes me out of the environment of hook ups and drinking but I spend more time with him than my actual boyfriend.
The time I've spent apart from him makes me realize that I am missing out on so much that happens in your twenties while my boyfriend has already experienced all that long before dating me. I think about how if I broke up with my boyfriend in 5 years, I would have missed so much of my youth because I wanted to stay faithful.

I also feel like there are some red flags like how my boyfriend refuses to introduce me to his parents. I understand that they are really strict but he tells me that he wants to get married and his sister has even said that if he actually thought that, he'd make some attempt to win over his parents to me. I think that this in itself is small but it becomes a much bigger dilemma with the other crisis I explained.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• wow I literally just went through the same story but from the opposite side I'm 28 my girlfriend 20. if your best friend has romantic feelings for you he has every right to be jelous because shit happens when your high or drunk. suffice to say after three years we didn't work out. if he is the guy you want to marry you have to make sacrifices and so does he but if he is not then enjoy your life. my girlfriend started lying and doing stuff behind my back that never works.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like your boyfriend isn't really making you a priority. Work, family, and friends are all important, but since he's in a relationship he should be making you a priority as well. If I were you, I would make that point to him and see if he changes.

What Guys Said 3

• Move on. It's like your someone he's dating until he meets his future wife.

• He's playing you sis. I've been in this situation where she refuses to let her dad know I even exist. That's a big red flag. Write him a letter and leave it in his mailbox. Move on.

• Find yourself somebody who thinks you are more important than getting drunk 2 days a week.

What Girls Said 2

• I would suggest if you feel that way then let him go. You said it yourself that you feel like you are missing out on life so if that's the case then you don't need to be with him. You only get to live life in your twenties once and you don't want to spend the whole time in a relationship. You should be able to do as you please. Now is not the time to be missing out on your younger years simply because you're trying to be loyal. You can be loyal with somebody else who will enjoy life with you and make you happy. Your boyfriend has already experienced what you have not.

• Wait. You can only meet his parents if you marry him?