What should I do?

Hello everyone. My husband and I got married in February of this year. We come from two different sects of religion even though we are part of the same faith. My parents didn't agree with the marriage for racial reasons. His parents weren't all that excited about the match because of the religious and racial differences. But in the end we got married anyways. We came to an understanding about the religious differences and have compromised on how we will raise our children if we have any. However, when we get into fights he brings up these differences a lot, he will call me a "fucking idiot," or "dumb," if I say one thing against his sect. He says terrible things such as "You're not following the right path of this religion thus you're not part of this religion." He will say all these things and then take them back, feel terrible and apologize. But it happens too often. We just got married and I feel that I can't enjoy my marriage because of all this stuff. I knew from the time we met this would be an issue, but it was always tolerable before. Now, its something I feel we will never agree or get passed. Please help me!

07

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's emotionally abusive. Isn't that a telltale sign of abuse, to hurt your partner and then "take them back" with an apology? Repeat ad nauseum. I'm not a marriage counselor, but I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life in that situation, and having such a person raising my children. Would you?

What Guys Said 6

• this is a big deal. calling someone else's faith dumb as strangers is wrong. for a husband... it's way over the line.

but I have to ask, what are you saying about his sect before he fly's off the handle?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyZUTDAH0U
    If you listen to this song you will soon find the solution to your problem.

• religion is a tricky thing I personally believe in the evolution of science and my last girlfriend was a Catholic we got over it for the first couple of months but it started to fall apart the point I'm trying to make is if u both love each other religion should not matter

• well you two are dumb religion and your personal life should be separate just sounds as if you aren't meant to be

• that's why I hate marriage... Now Where your love Emotions. everything fucked up. religion is like cock.

• Obviously Islam. You will learn to obey your husband soon enough.

What Girls Said 0