What is the diff between flirting and cheating?

I would like to know the diff between flirting and cheating. How can I tell if I'm flirting or cheating?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your other half and your own views.

For me, cheating is 'flirtation with last minute resistance' (back out just before make out/hook up)' , making out with someone, or any other sexual act.

Casual, infrequent and haphazard flirting is fine. I might get a bit jealous of my girl if she does it, but if she knows that a) it brings up emotions that signal positive things (that I care for her etc) and b) she doesn't mean anything by it, then it's not cheating.

Serial flirtation isn't cheating, but it's still a huge red flag, for me anyway. As for my own actions, I flirt with everyone, it's just who I am.

What Girls Said 4

• First off flirting IS a form of cheating. Anyone who disagrees is just kidding themselves or hasn't matured yet. Flirting is something that is done with intent. Otherwise, why do it? If you were content in your current relationship there would be no NEED to flirt. Flirting is giving someone else attention that should only be reserved for your partner.

A lot of people may disagree with me and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, just remember, flirting has ended more relationships than it has started friendships.

• Flirting is having fun but not wanting anything to happen.

link

• Flirting is kind of like.. a small/less emphasized form of cheating. It's the step before cheating...

Flirting is when you are just having fun with the other person, no intentions. On the other hand, cheating is when you are getting yourself involved with the other person, emotionally or physically, without your partner knowing. If one has a conscience, I'd say they'd be guilty doing it..

• Flirting-talking, laughing, nudging (haha), hugging.

Cheating- Holding hands, kissing, sex, hanging out all the time.

That's what my boyfriend and I have decided anyway. lol

• Nudging and hugging is a bit much, that's physical contact.

• But a simple hug goodbye shouldn't be anything to get mad over. I mean you hug your girlfriends, right? No big deal I don't think. And I know guys don't hug other guys, but guys do hug other girls just as a friendly way of saying goodbye.

What Guys Said 5

• Flirting is giving off signals to another party (usually applying to singles) you wanna have some fun, but not get involved in a serious manner. Cheating is when you already are in a relationship/have a partner, and you get in touch with someone else/have sexual contact with them behind your partners back.

• Cheating is when you kiss another girl, or anything onwards.

But here's a tip... If you find yourself lying to your girlfriend about spending time with other girls, or you tell other girls you're single... Take a look at your actions, and ask yourself if it is moral.

• First, why are you flirting? Are you doing it "just" because you like the attention? If you are doing it for that intent then you are only one step away from cheating. Seeking the attention of others' when you're dating is always a sure sign you're not ready for a committed relationship. No worries on that though, very few of us really are. But if you're flirting because that's your personality well, I don't know how your significant other will appreciate it so much. I mean it could be okay, but ask yourself this, if you him/her doing what you're doing would you be okay with it? Just a thought.

• Cheating is when your d*** goes into a person (point of entry is irrelevant) whom is not your s/o without your s/o's consent and/or knowledge.

• Don't do either if you're in a relationship, and you won't have anything to worry about.