Why did my ex say this?

What does it mean if my ex who I split up with last April says "good night x" & "talk whenever you like x" Why would he want to talk to me & update me on his life?

I wouldn't even know how to start a conversation with him. I can't be natural as we're not really friends. We broke up mutually. I want to know what he wants. I know that he's been single since we broke up & he's stayed in contact.

We slept together a few times after the break, but that was last year. Since then he's been checking up on me. Recently he's been talking to me more, but he's a closed book when it comes to feelings because of personal issues. The last couple of times he mentioned that I can message him whenever I want to.

12

What Guys Said 2

• it means he was thinking about you and what you two use to have but you never move backwards in life ever if it didn't work the first time it's not going to work the second and third time and the fact that he still has your number seems a lot crazy but I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your life but you broke up for a reason and no you two aren't going to be friends one always wants the other still it's like being the c. e. o of a company then getting but to door man of the building so you shouldn't text back and maybe block him from text you

• Jesus Christ. He's horny is all. I don't get idiots like you.

What Girls Said 1

• to me it sounds like he wants to meet with you again. not necessarily start dating that second, but just would like to talk to you in person again. it also seems like he's still into you because why else would a guy put "x" at the end of a sentence like "good night" or "talk whenever you like"? that's generally a sign that means he's still interested in you