What do you do to stop missing someone and get over a broken heart?

1812

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe time will heal. After a while, it won't hurt as much as it used too and they won't enter your thoughts as much as they used too. They will always have a place in your heart, but life happens - you'll get busy, you'll meet someone new, you'll start doing things for you. Eventually, the heartache will become a faint memory.

It's OK to mourn, it's OK to feel sad and drown in misery for a little while. Don't ignore that because its needed. Once you've cried it all out, be active and do things that make you happy. Surround yourself with positivity/positive people. There's no time limit, some people will feel grief for a week and move on, & for some people it may take a year. Don't try to put a time limit on it, just take it day by day.

What Guys Said 11

• I train, spar, work, hit the shooting range... hard ware store... build small structures to smash... HULK SMASH TINY STRUCTURES!!

• Hahaha this is great!! Love it

• Be Patient. Wait out the adjustment period and love yourself. ...
    Work Through the Confusion. Being happy is unnatural after a breakup with a toxic person. ...
    Find the Silver Linings. ...
    Remove Reminders. ...
    Fill Your Time. ...
    Get Social Again. ...
    Get Physical

• Get out and do shit

• When you realize they aren't missing you. Been there. Feel for you.

• Your heart will always be broken. Over time, the break becomes less. It has been almost 2 years since my divorce and there are still moments I think of her but every day that passes I become stronger more assured and confident. She tried to beat me down... using love like a weapon. I am better now but for awhile I didn't know if I could make it on my own without her... What I did to stop missing her when my thoughts turned to her was to remind myself of how she used to talk about me behind my back, sabotage me, and then lie to me about it. I can't stand lies being told to me or about me. Then I say a little prayer for her... "Lord please give her what she needs, amen." With that, I move on with my day feeling better because not only did I think of her and what she did and how she tried to destroy me... I also let another peice of the painful past go and I was able to wish her well. I have successfully moved on from that moment and I can smile a little more

• State breaks for me is the key, taking a situation and doing the exact opposite. Someone who is very good at this is Tony Robbins.

• Meth

• the first thing I'm going to tell you love yourself make yourself feel better first because healing a broken heart is extremely hard

• Somone once told me that finding somone new can help. It diverts your attention.

• I go on silent place and left my mind freely , and listen my favourite song, I remembering about my those lovely moments of my life.. and try to forgetting those things (person) who apset me

• I don't know im honestly looking for the answer myself

• get over them?

• Hey thanks. Hadn't thought of that. 👍🏻

• Haha cats got your tongue I guess.

• I fall asleep lol

What Girls Said 17

• I got over a breakup just recently. And it was tough. It was like a dark cloud everyday. I felt that I needed that person to be around when in reality they were the cause of my stress and worry. I get sick of feeling that way. So I started to read uplifting things, and watch encouraging Youtube videos. I did not rush myself. You have to give yourself time to grieve and not rush the process of getting over it. If you try to rush it then you will find yourself being anxious and not getting over the heartbreak.

• Sorry to hear about your recent break up. While it was for the best it still initially sucks, I think. This is good advice. Thank you for sharing.

• There is a grief/change cycle called the Kubler-Ross Change Curve in psychology. Basically it is the process we will all go through, at a varying pace when experiencing grief or adapting to change. Essentially a breakup is like grief.
    As you become more used to going through this cycle, you at least are aware of it. You know it will hurt initially and you can manage yourself through it so that you don't spend longer than is necessary languishing in the suffering and moving towards healing.
    Everyone who has been through it and has come out of the other side will say all the cliches like: time is a great healer etc. and they are true!
    But at the time it may feel like you'll never get over it.

Understanding where you are in the cycle can really help manage yourself through the cycle and keep moving forward. acknowledge your current state. Allow yourself to feel it and move yourself forward with purpose, supporting yourself, knowing it will get better. You may even loop back a stage or so and thats ok too, but you will move forward and you will come out of the other end.
    good luck!

This website I think explains it well:https://www. cleverism. com/understanding-kubler-ross-change-curve/

• Don't go looking for someone else. This will only hurt your ex and take advantage and hurt someone new. These relationships don't tend to last. Instead focus on bettering yourself as a person. Make a list of things you have always wanted to do. Take an art class. Go to a social dance (swing dancing is a great way to meet new people). Invest in others through volunteering. When you are focusing on others and making yourself a better person, you will heal healthily. Also, give yourself the healing time you need. It normally takes half the time of the time you were in a relationship to fully move on but everyone is different.
    Best of luck, you can do it!!!

• Time.

• Keep busy. I find that if I'm always doing something, I'm not siting around jsut missing the person.

• I cry, then masturbate, then do anything I can to distract myself. I wouldn't recommend hooking up with someone, but it might work for you. I did that once and it made me feel cheap and dirty.

• well first get your crying out the way.. then if he did you wrong fuckks with his bestest friend.. that will hurt him.. 4 sure tho go out and get dicked down.

• Hahaha this is fantastic. I love this one.

• hook up with someone new

• You get busy (distract yourself), surround yourself with the people who care and that you love to be around.

• I'm not sure if this person is still in your life to some degree or not... if they are still lingering, the heartache gets dragged out.
    If they are completely gone... I think taking some time for yiurself (doing things you enjoy... even if it means PUSHING yourself to do it)...
    Connecting with friends and family... set up small gatherings, and go to gatherings your invited to!
    Let those that are close to you know where your at... they may be a wonderful resource!
    I would not "hook up with someone new"... you must fully end one chapter before you begin a new one! What if the next person you meet is amazing but it was rushed because you had not fully healed... that train is heading to splitsville!
    I'm currently in a "its complicated relationship"...
    I quit my job to pursue my masters, now all
    I hear about is how rough I have it on the couch... ummm I'm not eating bon-bins!!!
    I'm trying to make through a clinical program successfully! I hear thexim lonely piece, or your not giving me enough attention,,,
    Though I have taken 2 wknd get always knowing I had HUGE PAPERS due... and it still wasn't enough!
    He basically said he's done...
    Will I be ok financially... no not at first! Though I am a survivor and I will make it happen!
    Only the good lord knows how...
    One last thing... if he can't decide, maybe you should decide for you!
    Maybe you should provide an ultimatum (BUT be cautious... b/c if you don't follow through on it... he will continue to push the line)

• I keep myself busy

• Get someone else. But that's cause I'm young.

• I couldn't tell you, I'm feeling this right now.

• the only thing that can heal your broken heart is the person who broke it or time

• Find the better place for yourself

• lifes about heartbreaks, you have to push it aside to get stronger in life

• Possibly finding someone else.