Boyfriend slapped me in the head... I don't know what to do?

He hit me in the head because I argued with him because he called me stupid. He threatened to hit me and then I told him he didn't need to act immature and then he hit me really hard in the side of the head. I have a knot now and it hurts to chew food. He said if I was more intelligent that it wouldn't have happened and that if I wanted him to leave that he could easily find smarter women. Later on I told him my head was aching and he said "I'm sorry your head is aching but I'm not as sorry as you want me to be." We have a family together and I just don't want to tear it apart... I would lose all my friends if I broke up with him as well. Is this normal? He said his father hit his mother and they seem like a happy couple now. I have never had a father and I just don't know if this is normal guy behavior. He has been my only boyfriend and I have no confidence and don't feel as if I have any value to any one else. I just don't want to be alone but I do want a nice guy

1319

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like an abusive relationship if he's telling you all that, and you feel that you would lose all of your friends.
    I mean really? If those friends would leave because of you leaving a bad situation, then they are not your friends.

If you stay in this bad situation without trying to leave, maybe you are stupid.

• I just don't want to lose my dogs, he would take at least one of them if we broke up. They're like my children.

• dude just break up with him and don't allow him to touch Ur dogs!!!
      stand up for Ur dogs if u really meant that they r Ur children!!!

• Are you fucking kidding? Dogs? I thought you had kids!!
      Listen, you need some serious help. Dude has you beaten down emotionally (allegedly) to the point you are worried about losing some fucking dogs. (again, allegedly)
      You need to leave, find some family and go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave is what you do. It's better to be single than end up in a body bag because you're boyfriend beat you to death.

What Guys Said 18

• I had bad stuff happen to me when I was young.

So tell me... what is to keep him from poking your eyes out, throwing acid in your face or breaking your jaw?

Your hope that he will be nice does not cut it. He has shown you what he can do and he was just testing the waters. It will only get worse.

And he will have 10 friends line up and swear he's a saint.

It does not matter if violence is 'normal' to other idiots or not. The question is if you want it to happen to you.

Be smart and wait till he's away, pack all your shit and leave without even telling him where you are going. Call the cops if he even bruises you too.

• Thats the problem with an abuser, they make you think it's all your fault until your walking on eggshells around them and eager to please their every whim. They're like vampires, they just suck away all your self esteem and sense of worth until you're just a shell waiting to be called and discarded like a pet. You need out of that no matter what the cost. By the time your in your 30s he'll have slept with girls left, right and centre, put you in hospital a few times and totally closed your life down to staying in the house waiting for him. You'll be on the verge of killing yourself with pills or booze if you've even got the spirit left to fight back. He's a weak man. He's lashes out and keeps you isolated coz he's insecure you're gonna compare him to other men and see him lacking and want somebody else. He's a victim too believe it or not, a victim of his parents maybe who knows but he's sinking and he's grabbed you for company on the way down. How do I know this? I was the same as a younger man. I never hit her but I brought her down to destroy her self confidence. Misery loves company. Walk away before he kills your soul. It's over after that

• First of all that is Domestic violence, that is not a normal male behavior, and the relationship should have ended there and he should be in jail. Men like him give us men a bad name. Many women don't report when comes to issues like this because of feelings like what your doing now and most women don't survive this major issue. Regardless if his parent are good couple now that doesn't mean its normal (Your Boyfriend's mom took a high risk and she got lucky). Unless he is willing to seek counseling and apologizing for what he did (Which he did not), You should have dump him. You deserve a Gentleman not a bad influence boy like that needs change and should be in jail right now.

• This isn't the normal behaviour of a normal man. This "man" is a bully who thinks nothing of beating on a woman. It's what he has grown up with. Once he has started, and typically blamed you on being hit, he will continue hitting you, and it will get worse. It always does.
    He needs help, professional help. If he doesn't want to take the steps necessary to change his behaviour, then leave before he breaks you. Warn him you will go to the police if he so much as make a threat to hit you, and do it.
    You will never grow or be allowed to grow your self esteem with him. This is the start of a very slippery slope.

• No, it is not normal, but is more prevalent with guys who copy their fathers mistreatment of women.
    When he is calm, sit him down and tell him you will not stand for violence, and he must never ever hit you again, if he does not agree you must consider dumping him somehow.
    He needs to learn that hitting any woman is wrong, and that you will not put up with it.
    In fact, in my opinion, any guy who strikes a female is a cowardly person who has control problems, but don't tell him that!
    If he is a decent person he should communicate with you without losing his temper, and he should support your confidence, not diminish it!
    Go and see a doctor anyway, your head may need treatment!

• Get the hell away from this guy. Cut him out entirely because he sounds like really bad news. People shouldn't be trying to solve things with violence in a healthy relationship.

• A man should never ever never never hit a woman no matter what. You need to leave ASAP. If this is the first times it happened it will not be the last I guarantee you that. If he abused you who says he won't abuse the kids. It gonna be tough when you leave but things will get better over time. Be smart and do the right thing leave that asshole

• dump him. friends come and go. you will make new ones. some one has to teach him that is not an ok thing to do. you are able to do that by leaving him for good. it is never ok to hit a woman under ANY situation. think about your kid. would you want him to hit his girlfriend or wife? get out as fast as you can and dont look back.

• Isn't this abuse?
    Report him to police.

And NO, it's NOT a normal guy behavior. It's not even a normal person behavior.

There are TONS of guys out there, you don't need to stick to one who hurts you and doesn't appreciate you.

• Time to look around for a better boyfriend

• Thought that's what women like

• Walk away why you still can

• Is he frickin crazy? whatever happens, no matter how bad. U NEVER HIT A GIRL.

• Thank you! I thought the same.

• He is crazy get out of that relationship, or else he would do all the things that his father does

• Straighten up and get your act together

• why are you so passive , he hit you. Domestic violence

• GRAB A KNIFE AND KILL HIM. easy :)

• Bad idea because if it's not self-defense at the time like he's in the middle of attacking her there's like an 90% chance she would be convicted of murder. And sounds like all their friends would swear he is a choir boy who never harmed a fly. That's all assuming he would not just disarm her and use the knife on her.

She'd have more options if she lived alone & he broke into her place. But no confrontation is even safer unless she's got ninja skills.

• It was a joke guys, don't take it serious

• Do you think her situation is funny? It's not. Let someone beat you up and you'll see. Stop trolling. Thanks

• Shame on you for arguing with your boyfriend! As a woman you should know your place in the household. He treated you the same way any guy should treat a disobedient wife.

• It's abuse file a police report take picture and file a restraining order

What Girls Said 12

• He's both tried to EXCUSE his behaviour by saying its your fault AND NORMALISE it by saying his father hit his mother. It is not normal to hit your wife and there is no excuse for it. Forget just leaving the utter twat, you should have had him arrested! You say you have children with this guy? Even more reason to leave him! You owe it to your children.

You can make new friends! But if he hurts or even kills you or your children, then that's that.

Everyone deserves to be loved and respected and no one deserves to be physically attacked by their partner. It is better to be on your own for a little while than stay with someone who is cruel for the rest of your life. And he is cruel, no matter how good he is 'normally' - he. hit. you. There is something mentally not right with him. Leave now. Take the kids. DO NOT tell him when you are going just wait for the opportune moment (like when he is at work) take your stuff and go! Far.

• Thats domestic abuse! Leave him ASAP! It starts out little. A little hit here and there and you don't know what to make of it until it continues to scale up and it's to late for you to leave, leave while you still can :/

He said you were dumb to make it seem as if it was your fault to manipulate you. Disgusting!

• Leave, take a picture report to the police and file a restraining order

• dump him.

• Go away. Don't stay with him.

• And this is exactly how domestic violence starts. Leave him until it's too late. He will do much, much worse things to you and your family (dogs?) in the future.

• get away ASAP

• Break up with him and beat him up

• You don't know what to do? Sounds more like you don't want to do what has to be done.

• this is how my story started first called me a cunt, then started pushing, then it was strangulation then rape. also i got pregnant out of rape and hit in my pregnancy is that the life you want? see the warning signs leave now

• Report him!

• leave him