Should I tell my dad?

Hello !
So, last month my mom said she wanted to divorce from my dad, So the divorce procedure started around late May/early June. But I just found out that she's been with another man since January, which mean she cheated on him for months.
I don't know if I should tell my dad. I think he deserves to know, but I'm afraid I would hurt him as he still thinks that there is a chance for her to come back.
What do you think I should do?

• Tell him
    65%(13)71%(45)Vote74%(32)
  • Don't tell him
    20%(4)17%(11)Vote16%(7)
  • Other (please explain)
    15%(3)12%(7)Vote10%(4)

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely tell him. He thinks there is a chance that she might return and if he is right and she does return, and you don't tell him, you've basically given your mother a free pass on cheating your father. Is that something you can live with, knowing that not only does he not know the truth about his wife, but that she might be even then cheating on him? Can you honestly say that that is better than him learning the truth now? Yes, it will probably cause him grief if he finds out and believes you, but at least then he will know the truth. Who knows, he might even then want her back. But if you think you can live with yourself after not telling him, then go ahead and not tell him. But don't ever have the audacity to consider yourself a good person afterwards.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's your dad but by the end of it it's between. your mom and dad. you're just a kid in their eyes. it will hurt your dad and yes it. Will hurt you knowing what your mom did. but I think you should stay out of it. just be his daughter you know. I hope everything turns out well

What Guys Said 19

• Tell your dad if you love him and want the best for him. Courts favor women over men. Definitely be good knowledge to have in a court case.

• I would Tell him If I were you
    He deserves to know the truth and he has to accept that she can't come back

• Tell him so he doesn't get screwed in the divorce like most dads' do.

• What do you mean by screwed?

• meaning your mom will take half of what he owns. However, if he can prove that she was unfaithful in the relationship, she would be walking with a whole lot less.

• Oh I didn't know that. That's really good to know

• Yes tell your dad, your mother is being a sloot and he has the right to know

• If you told him you will damage your family

• tell him! everyone deserves the truth.

• This is how I'd feel if I was the dad. I'd want to know but, I wouldn't want you to hate your mom. So I'm suggesting you're 19, go have a 1 on 1 with your mom. Tell her what you told us and explain to her if you can't tell him that you will.

• Va voir une assistante sociale elle saura te conseiller

• tell him. he DESERVES to know.

• It isn't any of your business.

• I'd marry him if I were you

• tell him your dad doesn't deserve to be treated like s***

• giving false hope is probably one of the cruest things

• i'd be fckin PISSED if my daughter knew some shit and never told her own father! tell the man!

• tell ur dad

• Tell him to give up on her
    -->less hurting of his feelings
    -->less meddling in their divorce

• He's your dad you gotta tell him just put your feet in his shoes and see how it will feel

• Yes fuck your mum

• Tell him. Obviously she's selfish enough to cheat on him and will likely try to squeeze him for everything he's possibly worth.

If you don't tell him you are betraying him as well.

What Girls Said 4

• Stay out of it. You're the child of this couple not a friend.

• I think you need to talk to your mom and try to convince her to tell him herself, as you really shouldn't be in the middle of it. Tell her that if she doesn't tell him, you will. And then stick to that. But your mom shouldn't put you in the middle of this and she be willing to tell him to avoid you being put in that position.

• tell him

• Your dad needs and deserves to know. All that "stay out of it, you are just their child" crap is stupid. It's your family and it concerns you too. It's not like you are making up stuff to set them against each other. Your dad needs to know the truth to be able to decide what to do next. He will find it out sooner or later, but it's not fair if he only finds out after the divorce when your mom leaves with half of everything and then some.