I was in a long distance relationship of 8 months. We have many plans together. We planned to get married and settle in Peru where he live. He visited his family in Spain last March and he saw how beautiful and how different it is from his country. After that he visited me and we have a really great time. He told me that i might wait longer since he will look for an opportunity for us in Spain. I supported him. When he get back in Spain to spend time with his family and to have a tour. There we started to have a communication problem. We would rarely communicate via videocall and exchange messages. But we manage to settle the difference and he always reassured me of us and his plans. But i felt that something has change. He came back to Peru and I expected that he would make up for the times we lost but he didn't. He had an argument that lead to not talking for a week but we compromise and talk. He opened up to me that now i am not his priority. His priority now is to study PHD and get the residency in Spain. I was hurt but tried to understand. We rarely do videocall and sent messages, i always initiate the communication. Almost two weeks ago he broke up with me saying he can't do this anymore and he can't do what he promise me. He said that we should stop. I was in shocked when he said these things to me. I feel numb. I can't breatg. I am veru much in pain. What should i do? I am so lost.

03

What Guys Said 3

• I think you need to give it time. i won't be surprised if he realises he made a mistake. Perhaps chat to a good (or even to a new) friend.

• I'm so sorry for you. Does your family live by you, you need to find friends or family to be with.

• In my experience, long distance anything with a friend of the opposite sex never works. It's hurt me enough to realize that. However, just give it time, and see what happens. Don't close yourself off to other guys that may be interested in you. If you're a religious person, pray about it. That's certainly helped me a lot.

What Girls Said 0