So me and my ex broke up and like I keep checking his facebook. Every time I go on there I see something that hurts my feelings every time. How do I stop worrying about what he's up to? I can't talk to him we broke up on bad terms..

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of the best advice I've ever received about Facebook drama is this: Don't compare your insides to his outsides. People generally put on their best face when it comes to cyber communities-They put up smiling happy photos and status updates to match. It's not real day to day life! Hardly anyone will write about how insecure they felt that day or how they have regrets about dealing with so and so. So you are feeling things on the inside and comparing it to how your ex is portraying himself on the outside. You may never get to know how he really feels deep down, but what matters is how YOU feel. You are only responsible for yourself and your actions :). If you can't bring yourself to delete or block him, set a goal for how many days you will go without "peeking" at his profile. Heck-give yourself a reward for when you reach your goal, and then set another goal. Every day you peek you are forcing yourself to start at "Day One" again. After a while it will become less and less enticing and it won't seem as relevant to your life.

What Guys Said 1

• What was the bone of contention between the two of you? What did you fight over?

• Well he's pretty much upset with me bacause when he broke up with me I got with this other guy 2 weeks later then he got really mad at me

• Well it's fair for you to do what you did and it was fair for him to be upset. So maybe now the two of you can try forgiveness and tolerance for a change -- if you have any use for those things.

What Girls Said 3

• How about stop Facebook stalking his profile? That usually helps. Delete him from your friends list if you have to. And remember, it's Facebook. Don't let it consume your heart and soul.

• why do you need to check his fb? you guys aren't together, he doesn't need to worry about hurting your feelings anymore

• Unfriend him. The best way not to be tempted to do something is not to have that temptation available.