Is his depression only a lie?

I've been dating this guy for a year now. Three weeks ago he announced me he's depressed, he's feeling sad, i tried my best to support him. Three days ago, he texted me at 1am that we gotta meet tomorrow and that we need to talk, i knew that we're over, i asked him and he said "i really don't want to do this here", i was angry, i tried to convince him that it wasn't a solution, when i checked my phone at 5 am, i found a text from him, he can't stand seeing me because he broke so many promises and he feels horrible and guilty, i asked him if i can come over to see him, he accepted. I went to his place and we talked, he was crying and begging for forgiveness, he would lean in for a kiss and pull away sobbing. I told him that he'd always find me around when he needs me. I went home and told my friend everything "do you remember when i asked you the other day, well i think that its him on the pictures" she showed me pictures of my boyfriend and an other girl, he was holding her at the beach, i could barely believe my eyes. I texted him and he admitted that he goes out with her, he defended her saying she helped him to be honest with himself and realize what was wrong, what was wrong is me. I was so angry, i could barely talk. He keeps telling me he loves me but I'm the reason he's depressed, that i didn't love him the way he wanted, even though i was very delicate the last weeks, i never blamed him when i found out his texts with other girls, i forgave him, and this is what i got. He texted me this morning begging for forgiveness, i replied "your apologies don't make sense, just like your empty promises. You can make those promises to her, give her a baby, adopt a kitten and be happy, because she made you realize i was wrong" he said that he's sorry and that i was the best thing that happened to him, and that he loves me, i didn't say anything. I'm still deeply in love with him, but I'm really hurt and i don't know what to do.

21

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• He is a liar and full of pathetic excuses. He tries to blame you while he is his own responsibility. Please dont fall for it. You know and deserve better than this 😟

• That's what i thought too, i can remember when he'd say something rude or do something bad and when i talk to him about it, somehow he'd play with my mind and make me feel like the guilty one.
      I know i deserve better and I'm really trying my best to move on and enjoy life as it is
      Thank you :)

• You are 18. It won't be too long till you find someone again ;) Dont sell yourself short or place any guy above yourself.

• Ask his family

• They don't know either, as soon as he goes home he locks himself in his room