Why do people ask me why I'm not in a relationship?

it's weird because people say I'm pretty, have a good personality, and I'm like-able by many.

i don't even know why I'm not in one. I know people shouldn't be asking me why I'm not in one but it just makes me wonder.

Am I doing something wrong? I do attempt to talk to guys but is it cause I'm a picky person? or I just don't know how to make things spark toward a relationship?

i need tips! cause I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

i haven't talked to many guys I've only had 2 boyfriends but they were both short term.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• pickiness plays a huge part in it. I have a friend where the guy could be literally perfect but if just one thing bothers her, she dumps him

fear of committment. and how old you are. play a factor. if you aren't ready for a committment. then that's why you're single. ask yourself if your ready for one, then try going for one

attracting the wrong kind of guy. is the last major thing. its usually that you're probably attracting the "jerks" as we like to call them, as theyre only after one thing..if you get a "genuine" or "real" guy. he'll make his intentions from the start of what he wants. if you want the same..then he's your guy

you may also have a shallowness problem. try not to go after the guy just because he's good looking

hope this helps

• Status update: then its most likely like I said your fear of committment and how old you are. younger girls tend to not want it. while older girls do. early 20's and such

• Yeah the shyness thing won't help..be outgoing. and hope for a guy whos got guts to approach you

• Thanks for best answer

What Guys Said 4

• I actually used to hear people ask me that, but not so much anymore. Don't know what it is that I did to change, maybe I just seem to be enjoying things more. Or I'm just chilled out and don't show much of myself so people just assume that I'm content with life. You're doing something wrong if you think you are, not if other people think you are. If you want a relationship, go through the bullsh*t to find one. If not, then go do your own thing.

• are you enjoying life? then that's all that matters. I have only had 1 serious long term relationship that lasted 6 months. trust me, you're probably better off. don't look for someone that completes your life, look for someone that compliments it. trust you'll find that person who makes you enjoy life more. and when you start thinking that you want them to be around you more, that's pretty much the start of the relationship.

• why do you have to be in a relationship? it may seem a bit obvious and stupid question but it is completely valid. If you try to force yourself into a relationship just because you want one then it will not work out in the long run and someone will get hurt.

stop trying to find love so that you can live but instead start living so you can find love.

it will happen eventually but you can't force it.

• Maybe you aren't ready for a realtionship. Either you ended the relationships or wrecked them because you saw no benefit from them, or you were disappointed by how guys are...

• Yeah I've ended both . .but it was because I wasn't ready for one.

now its sort of different because I like this guy I know he likes me. we talked for a while I mean a year and but stuff backfired because he was stuck in between two people and decided to choose her over me. for odd reasons. I was there for him after his 5 year relationship and he choose the girl he talked to for a few months over me. I know he was leading me on and he knew he needed to stop but being stupid he didn't

• As to this day we are really close. we started off as really close friends from day one. but he still pushes me with the mixed signals yet he has that girlfriend of one month .

What Girls Said 3

• i can't help you but I am in your exact position! thanks for posting this!

• Just tell people that you're between relationships. It's really none of their business.

• Same thing with me. People tell me I'm pretty, have a great personality, and seriously everyone I have ever met, likes me. You're not doing anything wrong either. If you're picky, then you're picky. You just haven't met anyone that's special enough to be in a relationship with, and there's nothing wrong with that. The only tip I can give you, is to try not to be as picky as before. I had the same exact problem my best friend told me I need to stop being so picky and that's why I can't seem to find a guy I want to be with. So I put some of my "picky-ness" aside, and I now I'm with an amazing guy who I really care about. The right guy will come along in due time. Good luck!

• Yeah I kno the pickyness has to be lowered I'm gonna try. but thanks for the advice!