Is it possible to recover from acting needy?

I acted absolutely needy after my breakup. I still have feelings for him and would love to reconcile. I decided to give him and myself some space and will go into no Contact for three months (blocked him from facebook to get my space). I'm working to become the best version of myself by working out, reconnected with old friends and keeping myself busy.
I was usually reaaally independent, but have had a lot of family issues (awful fight with my parents, had to move out and lost contact with them for several months) during the last half year.. so I kind of clung onto him without really noticing it. I was scared of losing him aswell. Welp I guess this happens and I learned from it. Is there still any way to fix this?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Just fake it to start. Figure out what you should do and then do your best to hold yourself back when the urge to be needy hits. Eventually it will get easier and easier to do. I think we all by nature have a needy side in our youth. Somewhere along the way more and more people have stopped being self disciplined about it and it has gone out of control.

• I will keep my ex blocked on facebook for two months to give both of us space and then give him a month to contact me maybe or reach out to him. I really want him back but I feel like I completly screwed things up oh well

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah you can

What Guys Said 1

• Yea. Act uninterested. If he doesn't come back to you then move on to someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• With the next person, not with this one