Was it mean to say this?

My boyfriend of 9 months dumped me three weeks ago because he said he wasn't ready for a serious relationship, that we were too different, that he had a gut feeling we should end it, and that he didn't see a future with me  During our relationship we argued a lot but he always reassured me that he loved me so much, that he was afraid of losing me, and that he would never break up with me. And then he did. When we broke up he said it'd be best if we didn't contact each other and I sent him a message a day later apologizing for the things I felt I needed to apologize for, told him it broke my heart that he'd made this decision, but that I still cared about him and loved him. After that, I started the no contact method and he didn't contact me at all. Not even to wish me a happy birthday. A few days after, he texted me to ask me if I'd gotten my period and we started talking and rekindling a bit. I knew I still loved him. I wanted to be with him again. And I told him this. But he said that he needed time to think because he wasn't sure what he wanted and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to get together. I agreed to wait for him and throughout those next few days we hung out a few times, kissed, hugged, cuddled, all that. Then when we started talking seriously about it again he started to say that he was still unsure and felt it was unfair to me and that I deserved someone better. And I told him:
"Ido. I do deserve better. I'm not a perfect person but I feel like I do. I deserve someone who loves me enough to never even think about letting me go. I deserve someone who isn't unsure about whether or not he wants me in his life. Someone who's proud to have me and appreciates me and loves me the same way I loved you. I just hoped you would be that person, but I understand now that it can't be. So I guess this is goodbye..."
think it was kinda mean? I don't know...

03

What Guys Said 3

• No it wasn't mean. It's the truth. Good riddance

• why do you post the same question twice?

• sounds like hugs kisses he enjoyed but the main dish made his gut go wild.

What Girls Said 0