How does he really feel about me?

i don't think my boyfriend loves me. We've been together for 5 years, and 2 weekends ago was my bday. I told him I was fine with dinner and some flowers, but he did nothing. I came by dressed up and he was playing games. He said he didn't expect me to come so early. He asked me what I wanted to do and I said whatever he planned for us is fine. Well he planned nothing and no gift. I talked to him last week and he said it's difficult for him to be romantic with me bc he doesn't "feel" it. I asked if he wasn't in love, he said he was. I asked if he wants us to break up, he said no. He said he just needs time. I'm like ok I'll give you time. I didn't talk to him for 3 days and he reached out to me and we got food and he said he loves me and doesn't want to lose me. I stayed over and slept at his place which is something I rarely do and he was really happy about it. I stayed over the next night and he seemed annoyed. Not talking, getting irritated with me easily. I didn't feel welcomed so I left and texted him the relationship isn't working out. He hasn't really responded. Not sure if it's because I'm blowing things out of proportion, but I really don't think he loves me like he says he does. He isn't cheating, it just seems like he's trying really hard to love me but it's not there and I just keep feeling like I deserve more and he can't give me what I want.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, it happens tp the most of us.

it's like , the more you do one thing, the lesser and lesser you get interested in it.

When he loved you, he thought that he could keep it up forever (Assuming that he ever did love you for you and not anything else).

But that's what usually happens these days to couples that ends up divorcing each other.
    Either they cheat on each other or they get dissatisfaction from each other.

People dont tend to stay together and work it out anymore. They just give up so easily.

He may have loved you. But i dont think he does anymore. And if you plan to move forward with him, i dont think it'll be a good idea. Coz i think that when "not feeling it" moment comes into the lifes of a couple, thats when they go out and ends up CHEATING on each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. There is no chemistry and it seems like he isn't really trying. He should know its important to you to take you out, especially on your bday. That's the ultimate no-no.

What Guys Said 1

• he seeing some one else. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

• No we live in Alaska. Literally 10 other people live near us

What Girls Said 1

• I think he does. But I think something is wrong. Ask him what's up