Have you been in an extremely mentally, emotionally, or physically abusive relationship?

Maybe you've had multiple. How has it effected you the most in general, long term, and in new relationships?
Yes, emotionally & mentally.
Yes, mentally and physically.
Yes, I'm still in it.
Vote C
No, but I've watched someone go through it.
Vote D
GirlGuy
+1 y
FOR EXAMPLE: I've been in several emotionally & mentally abusive relationships. They wait until I've completely fallen for them before they turn psycho. I've been called every name in the book, been accused endlessly for things I did NOT do, I've been lied to & manipulated excessively. My last ex trapped me in a room, pinned me in a car, chased me down stairs, broke ALL of my things, smashed not 1 but 2 of my phones, had all of my social media accounts linked to his phone without me knowing, etc
+1 y
As well as stalked me & came up to the college I was taking classes at & made huge scenes infront of everyone. It took a long time for him to leave me alone.
As a result, I'm terrified of any type of intimacy that leads to me giving my trust. Even when if I do I always stay aware & alert. I'm very cautious and always on the edge of my seat with people as if they are going to turn on me any second. I feel like I'm always being lied to or manipulated by people. I'm working on this everyday.
15
12