Boyfriend broke up with me? GUYS/GIRLS will I ever find anyone. Why do I surpass the good guys.. what's wrong with me?

He broke up with me? He said he wasn't giving me the attention I deserve. He was busy but I know he could make time for me. I was 28 he was 24. Maybe I need to go for older guys who are more ready for a relationship. As for now I'm really sad and can't help to cry at work. I cried yesterday in my car even though I was trying to be strong. There is this guy at work who has been the sweetest guy but I am not very attracted to him but he has a lot of good qualities I just don't like his teeth that's all. Is that my mistake that I ignore the good guy. Anyone who is married that has great advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear, you're only 28 years. Stop saying "will I ever find anyone"? What's wrong with his teeth? Teeth can easily be cleaned and/or replaced. But if you go into a relationship thinking that you settled for someone, it is over before it started. But guys who may lack in a certain area, can fix that. You may be able to help him with his teeth by casually suggesting dentists in the area. Now if he fixes those you have a guy with "a lot of good qualities" and good teeth. Its a little extra work, but it might just work out for both of you. GOOD LUCK!😊

• You're right. Everyone at work says he is a good guy. I just think too much into it I should have followed my gut. I've learned a lot and I'm still learning it's just sucks when you're a good person and they take you for granted you know. I mean I want to settle with someone I'm only gettingn older lol

• * be patient

• Thanks for the MHO. Hope everything is well.😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar situation, the age gap wasn't nearly as large, I was older than him by a year. He broke up with me, says I deserve someone better than him, we got back together, and then a month later he breaks up with me for a B. S. reason. The problem with dating a guy like that, he doesn't know what he wants and he has self-esteem problems. You can do as much as you can to help him, but there is only so much you can do, the rest is up to him. I do think that older guys tend to know what they want and have less self esteem issues, they've had a few years to work out all their problems and mentally/emotionally grow up.

Are you not attracted to him physically? What if you don't see his teeth, do you think he's attractive? If you find him attractive minus the teeth, you should just give it a shot, he could always go to a doctor and get his teeth fixed/straightened/whitened. If it's not just the teeth, then as nice a guy he is, he probably isn't for you, most times if attraction isn't there at all it is difficult to grow/develop (trust me, I've tried, MANY times and it doesn't work). Unless you are the type of person who finds people attractive after you get to know them, there are some people who need an emotional bond first before they are attracted physically to someone. If that is you, then you should give him a chance and get to know him. If that isn't and and there is NO attraction whatsoever (even if he had nice teeth) then you should just walk away from that, it likely won't work out and it's better not to have a bad/awkward time with someone you work with.

You will find someone. That was something told to me by an older married friend with three kids. He basically told me time will heal my wounds, I'll get over it, and I'll find someone. He then told me of his various breakups and how awful he felt at the time, and he got over it and found someone, so he has faith that I will too.

• I honestly don't think he has self esteem problems if anything he just wants to focus on making money. Get himself established that's most of why he wasn't spending time with me. He has a lot going on. Yes older guys are much more ready to be in a relationship because they have had time to party and sleep around and get everything out of their system. It sucks but I guess I was going for younger guys because they are more fun and attractive to me and because I look young for my age or I have been told lol
      TRUE he is a total sweetheart and he is pretty attractive to me. But teeth shouldn't matter it's just the fact that I may not want to kiss him you know that's probably the only thing plus we work together. He has been nothing but a sweetheart and the people at work all approve and that's something to look at. Thank you I really hope I do as I get older I learn the mistakes I have made and the one thing that I should stop is sleeping with them too early on in the relationship

• Haha, OMG, that's what my friend always says, guys are stupid.

I'm here to try to give sane advice that hopefully helps someone out. I took a break (when my ex broke up with me) and now I mostly try to help out in the breakups section, because I've been there, it's awful, but I had some wonderful friends who helped me through it, and perhaps not everyone has that so they turn to sites like this, so I hope to give back and be there for someone who is in a place that I was.

So I'm happy if I was able to help, if anything I said resonated with you. :)

• Awe that's very nice of you! I have friends just been really antisocial and been spending time with my family and going to church which has helped me a lot. I still have the guy at work who really likes me andy coworkers say I should give him a chance an open my heart up. I like hearing from people outside of my friends but yes it's nice to vent about it. You're doing a great job in helping

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not married and maybe too young but to me. If you don't feel anything special for one good guy , it's not your fault you are just not attracted by him, you shouldn't force yourself and try first to get over your last relationship :/

• Age gap is really matter. And if we go through biological way, girls are more mature than guy. So you sould choose older than you.

• That's so true it was my mistake for falling for him not knowing his intentions and the age gap. Life has no meaning right now

• Thank you eventually I will feel like myself again just very very hurt right now

• Sorry for you.
      On this time you can watch some movies or speak with ur friends

• I am not married but my advice is that please don't change for anyone else. be urself the right guy with find u, love u and take care of u. Be patient and wait for it. move on forget he past and do what u love u the most. happy life😊

• Thank you!! It's hard to see the light right now and trying to still hold back tears at work one day it will come you're rught. It's hard to forget the past when we never argued we were both chilled

• It's happening because you value teeth more than how you're treated. This is why I ignore women now. I don't have time to fix the problems they CHOOSE to have, and keep repeating over and over, not changing them.

• It's true but I don't want my focus to be on that as I get older I am understanding that it should not matter. That I prefer a good guy as opposed to an asshole

What Girls Said 0